how hard was it for you to get out of the hobby?

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
so ive decided to join the service and i know that for a bit of time that im in the service im going to have to get out the hobby, until things settle down.

i know there is a lot of people in this hobby who quit before but have got back into T's

so my question for those people was, how hard was it? any stories?
is it better to have someone watch over them while you are gone or just sell them? and if going down the route of selling the T's how hard was it to sell them emotionally and/or no one wants to buy em?

thanks for the forthcoming replies.

and also how hard/easy was it to get back in?

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
leaving is harder than getting in!!!!!!!! you feed them babies watchedem grow, maybe got emotionally attached to them, then you have to say goodbye! thats hard. now selling them might be hard , market kinda sucks right now alot of holidays and the weather sucks too!

getting in the hobby is easy i went to paul becker and bugged the holy hell out of him and bought alot of ts from him

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Holidays would seems like the best times to buy Ts. You know, for the children and stuff.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Holidays would seems like the best times to buy Ts. You know, for the children and stuff.
Of course! Little Billy can open his stocking and have a pissed off OBT latch onto his face. {D

That'll bring out the Christmas spirit!

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Of course! Little Billy can open his stocking and have a pissed off OBT latch onto his face. {D

I mean like a little arachnid-loving boy who unwraps his Christmas present and finds a beautiful new acrylic enclosure all set up with a MF A. Versicolor inside.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I sold off all but one of my Ts at the end of Sept. It was my choice, but because I needed to for a little while.

Building back up my collection now.

I'd be down with that {D

Although it's way easier to ask for cash to buy Ts with!

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I had hundreds of T's 20 years ago and was having a great time breeding them but I was taking over the apartment. I had tarantulas packed in every closet and even in the living room. My wife hated the T's. When our first son was born my wife laid down the law and they had to go. So I sold everything. I really enjoyed the T's and giving them up left me an empty feeling for awhile but I got over it. My family was more important. About 15-16 years later my wife said I could get one T. That turned into 25 pretty quick. Now I breed 5-6 species a year (my favorites) and I have the size collection I can properly take care of. I don't have time to really take on any more. I used to make neon signs and had my own shop but I also gave that up for health concerns and I had a similar withdrawal. It's hard to give up something you really enjoy.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I mean like a little arachnid-loving boy who unwraps his Christmas present and finds a beautiful new acrylic enclosure all set up with a MF A. Versicolor inside.
Didnt get my MF versicolor for Christmas , but will get a nice MF Minatrix in a beautiful enclosure {D