how fatal is the venom of S. gigantea or galapagoensis?

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i repost again about the strength of venoms from S. gigantea or galapagoensis.

as for me, i have two haitian centipede juveniles(Scolopendra sp.). i was bit 3 times by the individuals while they were growing up from 2.5 to about 10cm of today. i feel its strength is getting powerful as growing up. because more venom get into my body as it gorws. but i have no idea for gigantea or galapagoensis.

do they really have fatal venoms? anybody here who was bit by such species before? tell me your experiences please.. i know there are 5 levels of poison strength for a scorpion. but as comparison to such animals, i'm very curios how terrible venom they(gigantea or galapagoensis) have!

please share your experience with the others. thanks.
-locke

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I almost wish i had the opportunity to get bit by a Sc.Galapagoensis :p.

phil.

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Locke I watched your youtube videos of you holding your pedes and I must admit that you are pretty brave.

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Locke I watched your youtube videos of you holding your pedes and I must admit that you are pretty brave.
thanks, slimtim454! give me your advice of anything for the pedes. let's share them all together!
-locke

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you're prey then their venom has a 100% mortality rate. If your a human, it's more like a fraction of a percent because you would have to either have ridiculously large amounts of venom in your body, or you'd have to have some sort of abnormal allergy/sensitivity to the venom. Even the feared black widow would take 10-20 bites to have any chance of human fatality.

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you're prey then their venom has a 100% mortality rate. If your a human, it's more like a fraction of a percent because you would have to either have ridiculously large amounts of venom in your body, or you'd have to have some sort of abnormal allergy/sensitivity to the venom. Even the feared black widow would take 10-20 bites to have any chance of human fatality.
hi! i'm so sorry to say like this. maybe you are talking about common knowledge we already know. i'm only asking about anything special for the venom of S. gigantea or galapagoensis in comparison to other giant centipedes. i already have some experiences of being bitten by my haitan giant centipedes. actually its venom was getting stronger as the individual has grown. but i've never heard about S. gigantea stuff. how fatal more than other pedes and so on. anyway thanks for your concern.
-locke

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
if i see krazy8's at a show and they still have their giant gigantea i will ask if i can get bit by it

chris@krazy8's said i could play with it if i went to A-con. that seriously would be worth the drive by itself, heh

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
HA! I will will go to Acon just to see you get bit. AND you have to keep a straight face, no flinching:) .

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
HA! I will will go to Acon just to see you get bit. AND you have to keep a straight face, no flinching:) .
oh, i accidentily misled.

i am not going to Acon. no way i could afford it. and my plans to find a beautiful rich lady to fund my adventures haven't really progressed very well at all

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I didn't really think you were going. I've never been myself. I never know if I'm going to do things like that until the last minute. Looks like you're going to have to get your venom fix somewhere else:) .

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if i see krazy8's at a show and they still have their giant gigantea i will ask if i can get bit by it

chris@krazy8's said i could play with it if i went to A-con. that seriously would be worth the drive by itself, heh
hey, what is "a-con?" give me some additional information please..
-locke

DavidRS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol maybe we need to start a get Caco Seraph to Acon fund going lol
I know I would kick in a few $$ to see caco get bit by that gigantea. Someone would need to get it on video, because I can't make it. Hell, I'll add in another $10 if he lets it hang on his scrotum by it's fangs.

"Give til it Hurts...
to the Cacoseraph Arachnocon Fund"

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey, guys, come on..

take it easy, men.
i know that you are just kidding for fun. kind of joke or something else, right? :)
take care, you guys. see you on the arachno world..!
-locke
ps: more informations? ^^;

DavidRS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey, what is "a-con?" give me some additional information please..
-locke
ArachnoCon, the biggest arachnid hobbyist meeting in the USA.
take it easy, men.
i know that you are just kidding for fun. kind of joke or something else, right? :)
take care, you guys. see you on the arachno world..!
-locke
ps: more informations? ^^;
Not kidding, Cacoseraph's hobby is not arachnids, his hobby is purposely getting bit, stung and mutilated to test the effects of various venom.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
oh, i accidentily misled.

i am not going to Acon. no way i could afford it. and my plans to find a beautiful rich lady to fund my adventures haven't really progressed very well at all
I have the same problem 'cept I need me a sugar daddy. ;P

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ArachnoCon, the biggest arachnid hobbyist meeting in the USA.Not kidding, Cacoseraph's hobby is not arachnids, his hobby is purposely getting bit, stung and mutilated to test the effects of various venom.
oh..thanks.. arachnocon, the biggest arachnid hobbyist meeting in the united states. how big is it? would it be held in every years?
-locke

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i repost again about the strength of venoms from S. gigantea or galapagoensis.

as for me, i have two haitian centipede juveniles(Scolopendra sp.). i was bit 3 times by the individuals while they were growing up from 2.5 to about 10cm of today. i feel its strength is getting powerful as growing up. because more venom get into my body as it gorws. but i have no idea for gigantea or galapagoensis.

do they really have fatal venoms? anybody here who was bit by such species before? tell me your experiences please.. i know there are 5 levels of poison strength for a scorpion. but as comparison to such animals, i'm very curios how terrible venom they(gigantea or galapagoensis) have!

please share your experience with the others. thanks.
-locke
pretty bloomin fatal for a roach or scorp id say lol