how fatal is the venom of S. gigantea or galapagoensis?

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I know I would kick in a few $$ to see caco get bit by that gigantea. Someone would need to get it on video, because I can't make it. Hell, I'll add in another $10 if he lets it hang on his scrotum by it's fangs.

"Give til it Hurts...
to the Cacoseraph Arachnocon Fund"
id give more than that to not see his scrotum at all lol

spinnekop

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I see here a lot of talks but no tries, and that's good because one's bitten by a big tropical centipede (doesn't have to be a gigantea) you will wish it never happened !!!!
I know from a missionary in Guatemala who was bitten in his sleep by a huge centipede and he describes the pain as at the edge of humanly bearable and lasts for at least 2 weeks.
You most likely won't die from it but I guarantee anybody ho has the "hobby" of being bitten by venominous creatures... you'll stop that hobby after a gigantea bite.

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So is the venom from a gigantea more potent then that of the subspinipes? I always thought that the subspinipes were the more potent? Though I wouldn't be interested in a bite from either of them.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I see here a lot of talks but no tries, and that's good because one's bitten by a big tropical centipede (doesn't have to be a gigantea) you will wish it never happened !!!!
I know from a missionary in Guatemala who was bitten in his sleep by a huge centipede and he describes the pain as at the edge of humanly bearable and lasts for at least 2 weeks.
You most likely won't die from it but I guarantee anybody ho has the "hobby" of being bitten by venominous creatures... you'll stop that hobby after a gigantea bite.
well now i have also heard that said of the sting of a C. vitattus and the bite of a s. heros castaniceps but the last time i was stung by the c. vitattus it just iched a bit and when Galapoheros was biten by the SHC last weekend it didnt seem to hurt him too bad. but .. A description of pain from a human is really not a good thing to base it on as some are more tolerant of pain than others . and some are more apt to have a more painfull reaction to the envenomation than others . keep in mind that humans are not the intended victim of the venom of a pede

besides i want to see cacoseraph get bitten by the gigantea ..just not on the scrotum, i dont ever want to see that lol may warp my little physche

Last edited:

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my boss keeps telling me that S. heros castaniceps venom is fatal and I laugh a little inside {D

How can C. vittatus just itch for you?! I was in pain for eight hours.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
my boss keeps telling me that S. heros castaniceps venom is fatal and I laugh a little inside {D

How can C. vittatus just itch for you?! I was in pain for eight hours.
Really? Sorry Tod , your dead lol
when is your funeral lol
i dont know, thats all they ever have done to me. I also was stung several hundred times by yellow jackets as a 12 year old kid. and after that no wasp or bee hurt me. I dont know about the African bees , never heard of them back then but ... Maybe that has somethign to do with it .. latly tho i have noticed that the wasps and bees are hurting some again so im not going to test the scorps sting again intentionally lol

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I know I would kick in a few $$ to see caco get bit by that gigantea. Someone would need to get it on video, because I can't make it. Hell, I'll add in another $10 if he lets it hang on his scrotum by it's fangs.

"Give til it Hurts...
to the Cacoseraph Arachnocon Fund"
wow, i come back to work after the weekend and all of a sudden my scrote is a topic of discussion. that is... freakin awesome!

oh..thanks.. arachnocon, the biggest arachnid hobbyist meeting in the united states. how big is it? would it be held in every years?
-locke
i believe something like 150-200 ppl sign up for the actual convention and something like 300-500 go to the day when the dealers sell stuff.

i have never been so i am just remembering what i have read

check out this subforum, right here on arachnoboards for more info
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/forumdisplay.php?f=62

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Really? Sorry Tod , your dead lol
when is your funeral lol
i dont know, thats all they ever have done to me. I also was stung several hundred times by yellow jackets as a 12 year old kid. and after that no wasp or bee hurt me. I dont know about the African bees , never heard of them back then but ... Maybe that has somethign to do with it .. latly tho i have noticed that the wasps and bees are hurting some again so im not going to test the scorps sting again intentionally lol
{D Yeah I was stung by so many bees and wasps as a child. I kept touching things. Now, yellow jackets just itch for a few minutes.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh, i accidentily misled.

i am not going to Acon. no way i could afford it. and my plans to find a beautiful rich lady to fund my adventures haven't really progressed very well at all
Dude just get any rich lady... you can always put a bag over your head (or hers)