how fast do g. pulchripes sling grow at room temp?

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i may be getting some at .5" and am wondering how long it will take for them to reach 1.5-2"? i know their notorious for growing slowly though i imagine it's much faster as slings

Lolita

Arachnoknight
depends on room temp and your feeding schedule my room temp is around 72 degrees and i feed mine 2 roaches a week except on molt weeks and i've had her (shh don't let her know she might be a male i'm mentally willing her to be female) around 3 months give or take and she's molted 4 times in that time going from 1/2" to 1" i think she might be around an inch and a quarter now though and it took her being about 3/4" to get her coloring in i hope this helps

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah thanks. i was wondering so i would know how long i'd have to buy
pinheads

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
depends on room temp and your feeding schedule my room temp is around 72 degrees and i feed mine 2 roaches a week except on molt weeks and i've had her (shh don't let her know she might be a male i'm mentally willing her to be female) around 3 months give or take and she's molted 4 times in that time going from 1/2" to 1" i think she might be around an inch and a quarter now though and it took her being about 3/4" to get her coloring in i hope this helps
Ok i got 2 golden knees about a week ago .5", i haven't fed them yet because they went right into pre molt. One molted yesterday, how long should i wait to feed, 1 or 2 weeks? or sooner?

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beginner T, very docile.

Ok i got 2 golden knees about a week ago .5", i haven't fed them yet because they went right into pre molt. One molted yesterday, how long should i wait to feed, 1 or 2 weeks? or sooner?
couple days. i got some 1/4" slings that are growing pretttyyy slow. about as slow as my curlyhairs were.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
Beginner T, very docile.

i'd wait 3-4 days before feeding them or just make sure their fangs are hard before you try

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol thats why you wait more than just 2 days like most people suggest and basically it's a little dark spot it's hard to see
Yeah i figured because they are much smaller there is less exoskeleton to harden and it hardens faster. I will try after 4-5 days.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
Yeah i figured because they are much smaller there is less exoskeleton to harden and it hardens faster. I will try after 4-5 days.
yeah for adults i usually do a week to a week and a half and slings get 4-5 days

rockrox1

Arachnosquire
I too want to know the growth rate of pulchripes... Im expecting it next week. also curlyhairs and rosea, any info about the growth rates of these slings???

desertanimal

Arachnoknight
When I kept mine at room temp, they didn't eat and didn't molt. They burrowed and stayed there. But my room temp. was 65F. When I raised them to 80F, they ate regularly and have molted about every 5 weeks (twice so far). They're maybe about 1" now.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
I too want to know the growth rate of pulchripes... Im expecting it next week. also curlyhairs and rosea, any info about the growth rates of these slings???
my 4 rosies varying from slings to adults all eat semi regularly (rosies tend to fast) and i've only had 1 out of 4 molt since i got them in november and it was in premolt for over a month they are crazy slow just like my adult has been in premolt for a while now as well.

i had 3 curlyhairs but all of them got half way out their molts and died idk if it was because of their size 1/4" or what but i don't think i did anything wrong so i can't really tell you too much on them

teamster6

Arachnopeon
I have three golden knees. one tiny one and 2 that are about a inch long. One is growing way faster than the other one. Heavier built looking.

I also had a rosy that was bought at a pet store about four inches. It ate like a pig then stopped eating and sat around for about two months then moulted out and its huge!!

t6

Lolita

Arachnoknight
I have three golden knees. one tiny one and 2 that are about a inch long. One is growing way faster than the other one. Heavier built looking.

I also had a rosy that was bought at a pet store about four inches. It ate like a pig then stopped eating and sat around for about two months then moulted out and its huge!!

t6
i wish mine would molt out cause when she does i plan on breeding her but she's just been sitting in premolt for about a month fat as can be just likes to hang out i'm like mentally willing her to hurry up and molt

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i wish mine would molt out cause when she does i plan on breeding her but she's just been sitting in premolt for about a month fat as can be just likes to hang out i'm like mentally willing her to hurry up and molt
I feel the same way about my Avic Avic, tomorrow will be 3 weeks sense she has ate. HUGE bald spot. She is just taking her time molting...but my G.Pulchripes 1 has a big abdomen and (2) is smaller, so i think (1) is a female and (2) is a Male but thats just me wishing. (2) molted and is still smaller then (1) and (1) should molt any day now...its kind of cool having all 3 of my Ts in premolt at the same time.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
I feel the same way about my Avic Avic, tomorrow will be 3 weeks sense she has ate. HUGE bald spot. She is just taking her time molting...but my G.Pulchripes 1 has a big abdomen and (2) is smaller, so i think (1) is a female and (2) is a Male but thats just me wishing. (2) molted and is still smaller then (1) and (1) should molt any day now...its kind of cool having all 3 of my Ts in premolt at the same time.
size doesn't mean anything as far as gender goes especially as slings they can have growth spurts so to speak also a bald spot doesn't mean premolt it means it's been kicking or rubbing it's U hairs off dark abdomen means premolt also lol it seems to pretty much happen that why about 17 of my 21 went into premolt the same week and molted within 3 days of each other

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
yeah thanks. i was wondering so i would know how long i'd have to buy
pinheads
Yeah, pinheads are a pain in the butt. It can be hard to find a store that carries them, and even harder to work with them without losing/killing them.

What I suggest is that you just cut the abdomen off of a medium or large crichet and feed that instead. Since its already dead, your T will be able to safely eat a peice that is much larger than what you would use as live prey. Plus there is much more nutrition in a large crickets abdomen than there is in a whole pinhead.
Also, since slings molt so often, its much safer to leave a prekilled item in there overnight in case your sling molts suddenly.

You can also cut the abdomen up into quaters feed about 4 slings with one large cricket, and since pinheads cost the same as adults, you are spending 1/4 the money per feeding. If you just have that one sling, you will still be spending the same amount, but she will be getting alot more nutrition with each meal.
And don't worry about them refusing dead prey, they will take it everytime. I've beeing doing this with all my slings for a couple years and never had any problems. Now that I've been doing this, I can't see why anyone would ever buy pinheads, it just doesn't make any sense.

Give it a try, I hope this helps you :)

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Got my pulchripes at like 1/3" and it's now like 3/4" after a year. But I'm conservative with feeding.

teamster6

Arachnopeon
The rosy we have was our first T. I did not think much of it as it was drab looking kind of tattered and really not a very good looking t and it just sat there for hours hardly ever moving.

Since it has moulted it is absolutely stunning. I never dreamed it would look this nice. what a differance. The size gained was amazing after moult.

t6