How far can they jump?

Bengal21

Arachnopeon
Ok, my Haplo longipes just cleared what I judge to be about a 14 inch gap and jumped onto my shirt. She charged me when I took the top off her little cage to add a roach. Now that I have changed my pants, what is the longest you have seen a T jump, and what kind of T was it?

web eviction

Arachnolord
Lmao about 6 inches right on to my face and like you after I change my pants.....lol wow they really get theheart pumping good don't they!

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
I love when avics hop around. Mine hop about a foot at most. But when avics jump its cute, when haplos jump its just terrifying!

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
There are a lot of factors. The height of the jump affects the overall length of the jump, so asking how far they can jump is a bit vague. Also, there are different species with different body types, and slightly different body types and size differences within species. Variables are a bummer:cool:...

--Dan

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There are a lot of factors. The height of the jump affects the overall length of the jump, so asking how far they can jump is a bit vague. Also, there are different species with different body types, and slightly different body types and size differences within species. Variables are a bummer:cool:...

--Dan
OK Debbie Downer... Lol :D

Robert Jordan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No. No no no. Noooo.

Holy [expletive] crap.

Thank you for posting a needed reminder of why I just wouldn't be into keeping Haplo's... Almost bought one today just on an impulse. Went the other direction & got a PZB... If my girlfriend saw one of my T's jump I'd have a hard time keeping them. And it's hard enough as it is.

My Avic jumped from one of my arms to the other once, and I was like, "Do it again!"

A friend got a Haplo a couple months ago and asked if I'd like to go over to see it, and I was like, "No."

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've never seen one of my terrestrials or obligate burrowers jump. My pokies, avics and tapinchenius on the other hand, ohhhhh boy. I love watching the pokies hunt, because they'll stake a position about 6-8 inches up on a piece of bark and then pounce like a leopard on an unsuspecting roach.

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just had a fun experience with one of my A. versicolor slings last night, I opened the lid of its enclosure to feed it and it made it onto my arm, next thing I know it jumps onto my other arm, it took me 5 minutes to get it to go back into its enclosure and it kept making alot of small 2 to 3 inch jumps.