How does a protonymph move around?

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I almost always find millipede eggs buried a few inches under the soil line. So how do the "legless, eyeless, croissant shaped" protonymphs end up on the soil surface? If they are legless; how do they get there? Someone please answer so I can sleep tonight. Otherwise I will be staring at croissants all night....

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Earthworms don't have legs they could ungulate like earthworms or extend and retract like inch worms I'm interested to know for sure aswell

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Good point @Jerry. Although their little croissanty body doesn't look like it could undulate. Perplexing. :cool:

Jerry

Arachnobaron
I suppose a person could collect one place it on a dark surface and vision or observe it to see how it moves

Marika

Arachnoangel
I read somewhere that protonymphs don't move or eat, but don't know if that's correct.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I read somewhere that protonymphs don't move or eat, but don't know if that's correct.
That's also what I've read, Marika. But how do they get to the surface? Maybe there were eggs there I never noticed. I'm sure the eggs are laid a little bit under so they don't dry out. But I always find a few on the surface.