How do your slings react to rehousing?

kmhvmh

Arachnopeon
I rehoused one of my P Metallica slings and it's just cramped up in the corner, hasn't moved. This sling is probably 1inch. My other Gooty sling is 1.5 which is doing well in the same size enclosure. I use one of these baseball display cases. 1.5 inches of sub, some thick pieces of wood as a backdrop, some plants and a small piece bark. not too much going on but it's not a wide open space.

Attachments

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
There isn't an answer valid at 100% for your thread title. Sometimes they just reach the new 'home' like nothing. Sometimes they are 'stubborn', sometimes they can 'Superfly Jimmy Snuka' the hell out (like certain fast as light arboreals) etc

I don't know how I would react if a giant, removing the roof of my house, would grab me after all :-s

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Typically, they cling to the wall and pull their knees over their eyes for several hours to a couple of days, but it depends on the individual. Some go right into a hide. Some start walking around exploring.

cold blood

Staff member
The wood is in there wrong. Lean it so there is a place to hide behind it...its just feeling exposed....because it is:)

Add a water dish as well. The cap from a water bottle is perfect.

cold blood

Staff member
I house pokies smaller than that in a 32oz deli cup...which is much larger than that cube...these things are good eaters and fast, more room is a good thing.

Last edited:

user 666

Arachnobaron
I rehoused one of my P Metallica slings and it's just cramped up in the corner, hasn't moved. This sling is probably 1inch. My other Gooty sling is 1.5 which is doing well in the same size enclosure. I use one of these baseball display cases. 1.5 inches of sub, some thick pieces of wood as a backdrop, some plants and a small piece bark. not too much going on but it's not a wide open space.
I agree with the previous commenters. This sounds pretty typical.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
I just place their old enclosure in the new one and let then crawl out when they want to. No need to stress them out more than I have to.

kmhvmh

Arachnopeon
The wood is in there wrong. Lean it so there is a place to hide behind it...its just feeling exposed....because it is:)

Add a water dish as well. The cap from a water bottle is perfect.

that's not the exact enclosure, I posted that as a reference. I'll post the exact enclosure when I get home.

cold blood

Staff member
first 2 pics are of the slightly bigger sling. Second 2 are of the recently rehoused sling and it moved from the corner which is good.
just an fyi, its against forum rules to post pics that aren't from yours...if they're not yours, they need to be linked.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
When I finally moved my P. fasciata out of the 32oz Deli cup it immediately climbed up to the front of the cork and found a little space to hide in
IMG_20170307_222855.jpg
After leaving it be for a day or two I went back to check and it had found the back of the cork, also had started excavating a bit. Now, unless out hunting, 95% of the time it can be found back there amongst the dirt curtains and webbing.
IMG_20170318_193647.jpg

I think if you leave yours be, you may soon realize it has made itself comfortable too. It's hard not to worry about every single thing that goes against what we expect or want to happen. Trust the Pokie :D

kmhvmh

Arachnopeon
Ahh, this made it sound like they were randoms.
let me rephrase that lol. the pic was of my 1st sling that i rehoused and I wasn't home to take an exact pic of the new enclosure. but I went home and took a pic of it

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
I'm new to the hobby and have only housed three slings, and rehoused two of them again. My GBB takes it quickly exploring, the rosehair does the same but not as much and the OBT well he's weird, he doesn't like the rehousing part but once he's in there he does the same as the other albeit with a bit more attitude.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
My GBB takes it quickly exploring, the rosehair does the same but not as much and the OBT well he's weird, he doesn't like the rehousing part but once he's in there he does the same as the other albeit with a bit more attitude.
Ah ah, always an eye on those (the 'OBT' I mean) they are like Homer when he used a fake I.D for purchase beers as a young man :)

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
Cold blood is trying hard to not flame me." Dumb beginner getting an OBT." It's all good, man. I know how it must be.

I couldn't refrain as it was the top most wanted on my wish list and it came free.

I let her be for most part except to feed.

OliverWhatever

Arachnosquire
Cold blood is trying hard to not flame me." Dumb beginner getting an OBT." It's all good, man. I know how it must be.

I couldn't refrain as it was the top most wanted on my wish list and it came free.

I let her be for most part except to feed.
I am not sure if you are being serious, or if you are still trolling...