How do you take good pics?

haasdas

Arachnopeon
Hi i am really struggling to take good pics. I want to upload pics of my lasiodora parahybana to see if someone can sex it for me and if it is big enough yet? This is the best that I could come up with. . . Any tips on taking better pics?

I'm still new to the spider keeping world and got a c.faciatum sling today and man are they hot looking little spiders!!!:clap:

Attachments

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Photographing small moving subjects can be very tricky. I find that i have to take a LOT of pictures just to get a few that turn out right. :p

One problem you may be having is that your camera is probably not equipped with a lens that does macro photography- close up, detailed pics of small things. Most cameras do okay with close up objects, but really have a hard time focusing on specific targets when they are so small.

I'm assuming that you're using a digital camera? Set it so that it takes the largest picture size available, in the best quality available. This way you can back up a little and try to get a better focus on the spider. It might look small and un-detailed at first, but that's why resizing and cropping are our friends. :)

Also, since you are trying to photograph your spider through the side of his/her enclosure, try taking some shots with the flash off, so it doesn't reflect against the glass. To do this, you will want to put the container in the brightest spot you can find, even possibly outside in the sunlight. Sometimes bathrooms work well too, if they are very well lit.

These things work for me SOMETIMES- every camera is different, and you just have to find what works best for you. And i'm no photography expert, just learning as i go and having fun with it. I'm sure others will have some better advice for you. Good luck!