how do you take care of jumping spider?

tarantula3898

Arachnopeon
there is this jumping spider running around my apartment for a little while now and i want to catch him but i dont know how to take care of him.

lifespan?
food?
cage setup?

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lifespan?
food?
cage setup?
Lifespan is only a few month maybe over a year depending on how old it is right now and depending on gender.

Food, must be live and moving. It can be twice the size of the spider and it'll still eat it. can be a roach, cricket, fly, maybe mealworm.

Cage setup, a jar (with some vent) and cut an egg crate and stick it in the middle of the jar so he/she can jump around. mist it every 3-4 days.

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The above reply is correct. I keep mine in a one gallon rubber maid jar turned upside down. This is so the spider can build its web up top and not be disturbed. It also helps with the regular cleaning because any debris will fall to the lid. Jumpers are very entertaining to keep, and are very active.

yourface8888

Arachnopeon
I have a jumping spider i would like to know how big the container should behttp://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Few months to a year.

Sight of movement triggers an attack so live prey is prefered. They like flying insects; moths, hoppers and also inchworms, termites and other spiders (probably shouldn't give another venomous creature to a pet though)

Give them an arboreal style cage with plenty of climbing and jumping space and a hide. They like dry, curled leaves, hallow stems or branches, hallow nutshells, etc. I've even used Manopoly hotels with a hole melted through. :D
Unlike tarantulas, make sure that they do get light so they can target prey easy. They are diurnal spiders.