How do you ship living things...

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
like a spiderling, for instance? I've done this several times, with a success rate that's perfect, but I'm at a loss as to how to instruct someone to which I've an impending trade...

Also, is it true that you can go into Walmart or any other store and purchase heating packs?

I recommend that this be a "sticky", as Often people want to ship out living invertebrates but don't know how, or are extremely hesitant to do so...

NorthwestInverts

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What I have done is wrote the complete detailed method of packing / shipping T's and saved it to "ms word", so whenever I trade with someone that is inexperienced in packing and shipping, I just send it to them via email, and I can feel more at ease about it, as long that as they follow the instructions.
I will send it to you, if you like, just let me know.

Heat Packs, yes walmart carries some, but if you want the good ones, like 40 and 60 hour packs, I get mine from a local cricket supplier, (Sunshine Mealworms, Silverton , OR.) you can also order them online from a variety of sources, of course.

Take Care, Dean

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Spiderdad33, I'd like a copy of that if you wouldn't mind and if it's not too much trouble.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Why don't you post it here? I guess everyone whould like to read it...

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by johns
like a spiderling, for instance?
Use the "box in a box" method.Construct a box out of styrofaom, and settle it inside a sturdy box. Put the heating pack in the bottom, but sjield it so the heat doesn't directly hit the spiders.

Originally posted by johns

Also, is it true that you can go into Walmart or any other store and purchase heating packs?
Yes, as well as sporting goods stores.
[/B][/QUOTE]
Peace,
Gillian