how do you "legally" ship ts?

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok , i know you cant ship tarantulas through usps. but what i dont know is how do you ship legally in the united states? if i use fedex , i have had alot of bad exe. with them they charge an arm and a leg like on ave. 50 bucks , who the hell is gonna buy from me if i charge that kind of money! for shipping.
ups isnt cheap either . can anybody tell me now .
i litterally lose sleep when i sell ts to people , worring about doas and if the guy is going to be happy with my service, i guess im paraniod . i really like to "earn" great reviews , i like knowing that people, complete strangers can read my reviews and kinda have some trust with me and know their getting taken care of when they choose to buy from me . but dang it really makes me nervous shipping through usps .

Last edited:

BillyG

Arachnopeon
I wanna ask that question long time:clap::clap::clap:! I want to ask if you bought a tarantula in another country while you were traveling,how can you take it with you back to usa:confused:.i'm a big dummy of air transportation stuffs.

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've shipped USPS before. Is there a problem with that? :?
yeah its illegal to ship poisness or venomous animals and reptiles via usps , thats all i really know , look for the other thread on what has usps done to make you mad

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah its illegal to ship poisness or venomous animals and reptiles via usps , thats all i really know , look for the other thread on what has usps done to make you mad
Funny... I shipped a T last month through USPS... told the lady at the counter, she thought it was awesome. No trouble at all.

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i did this thread to find an answer to my question, can someone tell me please? yeah i hava too and i didnt tell them whats in the box because thats kinda like invasion of privacy, im gonna start telling them its used sex toys , i doubt theyed open that box for sure or wouldnt ask the next time i ship with them!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wanna ask that question long time:clap::clap::clap:! I want to ask if you bought a tarantula in another country while you were traveling,how can you take it with you back to usa:confused:.i'm a big dummy of air transportation stuffs.
oh yeah, thats a little more complacated , i know you have to get a permit from the fish and wildlife and some other hoops and hurdles ,but not sure on the details on that, but that would be illegal for sure , just like smuggling drugs kinda

HAGAR

Arachnosquire
Is there any way that i can get t's to be sent to me here in south africa?

And would there be a quarantine period, as its foreign to south africa.

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think you guys are missing the point? He asked how to do it legally, not how to get away with doing it illegally.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
I think you guys are missing the point? He asked how to do it legally, not how to get away with doing it illegally.
Right, now that the thread has been cleaned up, any further discussion of "brown-boxing" or otherwise shipping through USPS will get you suspended. Thanks!

-MrI

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
The best way to find the answers to shipping live animals, including venoumous ones, is to simply read each courier's terms and conditions that are on their web sites. I've done this for you so you don't have to.

UPS- Specifically mentions that all arachnids can not be shipped.
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/re...ve+animals#Accepted+/+Prohibited+Live+Animals

FedEx- Live animal shipping appears to be on a case-by-case basis that will need approval and coordination with their FedEx Live Animal Desk. From their website "FedEx does not accept live animal shipments as part of its regularly scheduled service. Live animals will be accepted when the shipment is coordinated and approved by the FedEx Live Animal Desk."
http://www.fedex.com/us/government/intl/termsandconditions.html#liveanimals

The only courier that appears to ship live animals of all types is Delta Cargo (www.delta.com) but since they are an air freight service, it maybe cost and effort prohibitive for the casual shipper. This is probably what animal wholesalers and importers use.

- Lonnie