How do you Identify the Bad mites from the Good mites?

ascraes

Arachnopeon
Been seeing white mites crawling on the substrate of some of my enclosures. Are these parasitic mites or are they the "decomposer" ones?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If the container has a mite explosion (females are prolific producers), they may cause a T to be irritated, sometimes you can observe a T scratching itself due to mites. As well as resulting the T to go vertical at times. I know from experience. Don't ask me to quantify "mite explosion", I cannot do so.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My philosophy is I don't want anything other than the T in my enclosures, and it's never done me wrong.

basin79

ArachnoGod
My philosophy is I don't want anything other than the T in my enclosures, and it's never done me wrong.
But if you introduce a cricket or roach you wouldn't have to replace the T's as often.........................

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Although, that is a nearly impossible task when you have as many Ts as I do. A lot of enclosures have mites in them whether the keeper knows it or not. Like Viper69 said, the trick is keeping the numbers to a minimum.