How do you guys clean your T's poop?

cold blood

Staff member
I clean the glass when they molt. A freshly molted t is no real concern, so i go in with a washcloth when the ts are still "soft". With NWs, i will just wipe it clean when things start to look nasty.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I clean the glass when they molt. A freshly molted t is no real concern, so i go in with a washcloth when the ts are still "soft". With NWs, i will just wipe it clean when things start to look nasty.
Interesting, I wait till they harden up. I'm always concerned they may get too startled when soft and end up with a mangled/bent leg if disturbed. I've had some take off when disturbed, a bit awkwardly on their part.

How soon after molt are you going in?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Given how cluttered some enclosures can get with plants and/or webbing, how do you guys find it easiest to clean up after your t?.
My Avics usually go either in the water dish (easiest to clean) or on the glass walls (comes off with a plastic putty scraper and damp paper towel).

For the terrestrials, I don't even see it unless it's in the water dish. I clean the water dish and remove any boluses I find, but their poop only gets cleaned when they are rehoused onto fresh substrate.

cold blood

Staff member
Interesting, I wait till they harden up. I'm always concerned they may get too startled when soft and end up with a mangled/bent leg if disturbed. I've had some take off when disturbed, a bit awkwardly on their part.

How soon after molt are you going in?
Right away...while the t is still white if i can.

But i also pull molts immidiately as well. My theory is that if its stuck somewhere, i want to know about it while theres still time to do something about it.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
I just use a wet Q-tip to clean it then a dry one to soak up any excess poopy water :)