Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

How do you decide what care information to follow?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Pauli, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Eukio

Eukio Arachnopeon Active Member

USA
    Advertisement
    I have typically asked for advice here or some times in fb groups if it isn't anything too important. I started out with those terrible care sheets and had those stupid humidity gauges, always spraying trying to keep the humidity just perfect like those care sheets said to. Arachnoboards fixed a ton of mistakes I was making.

• Like Like x 1
  2. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

I find all the responses here, print them, throw darts at them!

My learning tended to be the exception, I was lucky. I spoke to breeders and long term keepers. I had access, and still do, to some experts, some with their PhD in this area.

However for those without, see who posts the most here, gets a lot of positive replies. And the quality of info provided.

And go to reptile shows- talk to seasoned owners.

Don’t rely on new owners- we often see them parroting from other new owners who have wrong info

Above all read the scientific literature, and books too.

I’ve seen Tom Moran tong feeding :rolleyes:, but generally he provides decent info.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2019
  3. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnoprince Old Timer

Actually, i was born with godlike skills and knollage about tarantulas and their husbandry!:angelic:

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.