How do you clean webbed up corkbark?

Julia455

Arachnopeon
Like title says, I have a small piece of corkbark that I'll be using for other enclosures but it's a bit webbed. Do I need to clean it for the next tarantula and if I have to, how do I go about it?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I always clean then in the sink with running hot water. This normally gets the webbing off. My sink has a sprayer on it so it washes it good.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
I'd maybe wear gloves to clean it, just in case there are urticating hairs on it. Unless the spider who webbed it up was an OW of course.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
HOT Water is what I've found to make cleaning old webbing, from enclosures and decorations, to be most effective.

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah, i just pick or wipe it off....i tend to aviod water on any wood i want to use right away....as grym said, its not like it needs to be spotless...bits of web are pretty inconsequential.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I personally just wash it off with water and a scrub brush. Sometimes I'll dip it in boiling water for like 30 seconds if there were mites or something in the enclosure. Then I let it air dry.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I wear disposable gloves and use hot running water and scrub with an old toothbrush. If there's any moss glued to it I remove that first but leave any fake leaves on it and just scrub them also.