Question How do I post a video?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I do not know how to post a video I made on my phone. Can this be done?

Thank you!
I don't use the boards for storage of my videos. I load them up to Youtube and then link to them in my post using the media tag in the post bar above. Good luck and let me know if you need more help.

Like this:

Last edited:

Praxibetelix

Arachnosquire
I think it is working, my posted video is in Insects and other invertebrates forum, under heading of Arilus cristatus update.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Sorry, didn't say this right. The video is on my local machine not on the web as of yet. Is there a way to upload it from my local machine? Thanks!
Some of the galleries accept videos, but there are file size restrictions.

I'd recommend uploading to YouTube (you can disable comments) and embedding on the forum.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Some of the galleries accept videos, but there are file size restrictions.

I'd recommend uploading to YouTube (you can disable comments) and embedding on the forum.
Ok, thanks guys. Maybe I'll look into YouTube.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Ok, thanks guys. Maybe I'll look into YouTube.
It's pretty easy to use. You can create an account for free. You can also disable comments on videos if you want. (YouTube comment threads of any length often devolve into political and/or racist diatribes.)

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
It's pretty easy to use. You can create an account for free. You can also disable comments on videos if you want. (YouTube comment threads of any length often devolve into political and/or racist diatribes.)
Yeah, I watch quite a few YouTube videos and have considered posting videos there before (I do like your idea of disabling comments. I find when the owner of the video does that for their video, I can concentrate easier on it.). My biggest concern is probably about safety and privacy so I'll have to check out the legalize and see what's up at some point.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
You can also make the video unlisted so only the people on arachnoboards who click on the link will see the video. That's what I like to do.