How do i know when my burrowing tarantula is hungry?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
In general, yes. But there's always to consider everything. My obligate burrowers are out (mostly near the burrow main entrance) sometimes at night time, but not always because they are hungry.

Which Theraphosidae, btw?

Aqual

Arachnopeon
In general, yes. But there's always to consider everything. My obligate burrowers are out (mostly near the burrow main entrance) sometimes at night time, but not always because they are hungry.

Which Theraphosidae, btw?
It's a Lasiodora parahybana

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It's a Lasiodora parahybana
Ah. I was thinking about H.gigas, S.aruana, P.muticus etc :angelic:

Well, I wouldn't disturb him/her. Those are great eaters, if yours is in the burrow maybe he/she's in pre-molt or else.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
@cold blood beat me to it :banghead:

Remember that tarantulas are all ambush predators. They wait for an unlucky meal to happen by, meaning they don't go hunting in the same way tigers do. Tarantulas do, however, show hunting behavior as CB's post demonstrates. Tarantulas can wait up to and beyond a year for their meal, meaning they can "hunt" by simply waiting by their burrow. Something will crawl by eventually.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@cold blood beat me to it :banghead:

Remember that tarantulas are all ambush predators. They wait for an unlucky meal to happen by, meaning they don't go hunting in the same way tigers do. Tarantulas do, however, show hunting behavior as CB's post demonstrates. Tarantulas can wait up to and beyond a year for their meal, meaning they can "hunt" by simply waiting by their burrow. Something will crawl by eventually.
You should see my AF E. sp. Red hunt her prey. She stalks it like a tiger!

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
If she's sitting at the entrance to her burrow with a knife and fork.... she might be hungry;)