How do I heat my millipede tank?

megansmillipedes

Arachnopeon
So I got 2 little bumblebee millipedes and the digital thermometer says 68 f degrees even with a small heat pad on the side of the critter keeper. how do I gently heat the tank my house is currently 66 f (it’s my parents house I have no control over that)

Wolf135

Arachnoknight
Get a small desk heater to heat the area but don't have it pointed at the enclosure since you'll dry them out which I did with my isopod colony that didn't make it.

DEFYJOEBOO

Arachnopeon
for my subspinipes, i use a small heat pad on the side of my tank seperated by glass and a piece of .25” thick cork bark flat that i have glue gunned onto the glass. in the red circle is some of it showing.

hey you guys, you’re all tracking on the Lacey act right? its bad bad news. contact / write your state senators and get the word out! trust me YOU DONT want this amendment snuck into a bill getting passed. please tell everyone you know and donate to ARK!

Attachments

Isopods others

Arachnoknight
I used a heatmat taped with heatproof tape to the side I keep it on a bookshelf too this was my biggest obstacle when wanting to progress to more exotic creatures

megansmillipedes

Arachnopeon
So what I did which sounds a bit weird is put a heat mat on the lid and it’s just powerful enough to radiate heat downwards making it a nice 74 degrees.

Isopods others

Arachnoknight
Heat proof tape isn't too expensive and allows for a sideward gradient though your way is more natural as it acts like the suns rays ,I recently got bumblebee millipedes too ha

megansmillipedes

Arachnopeon
I think I have some! is it that metallic like tape? If it is I’ll tape it to the side.

and congrats on the millipedes!

megansmillipedes

Arachnopeon
I love it! and there all underground right now so I’ll have to show them later but they pretty much look like yours :) haha