How do I find her

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I fed my Ball pyhton 2 days ago and I suppose I didn't close heer enclosure right. Last night I found heer in my emp's tank basking near the heat pad. I was suppose to go meet up a friend so I took her around my arm to show off. When I got there I put the snake in the back seat of my car and some stupid car accident distracted me for some minutes. Now I can't find her. She's somewhere in the car but I checked everywhere I could and no sign of her. She's still young maybe about a foot long. Any advice on how to find her. I'm waiting for tonight hoping she'll crawl out of her hide.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
In your EMP's tank? How the crap did she get in there? :eek: I'm surprised she didn't get hurt, those things have some pinchers.

As for the car, assuming she didn't find some way to get out by going up into the dash/into the engine (I've seen stories of animals getting IN that way, in some models)...I have no idea. Maybe leave out a bowl of water or one of those temporary heating pads, or just start taking the car apart. Put a dead prey item in a bag, let it get all stinky, and put it on the car seat to see if it lures her out?

This is a really, really good example of why you can't take your eyes off a snake unless it's going back into a locked-up enclosure. Taking her "to show off" probably wasn't the best idea in general, but there's nothing to be done for it now. :/ Here's hoping you find her, and that all this stress doesn't negatively affect her health.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I know I'm usually not that stupid when i t comes to my pets but it wasn't really to show off but mainly to spend time with her. It's been 2-3 months since I held her. And I was surprised she wasn't hurt either. I got a lock on her tank that I didn't put when she escaped but the emp tanks is one of those double openers I guess she pushed one side open. The good thin is that she was on top of their hide and not in it. Thanks for the advice I was considering that heat pad thing earlier but I'm probable gonna try a dead mouse too.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Most newever cars, especially overseas models, the back seat can be lifted from the front and popped out, (sounds very violent when your doing it, but you don't break it). Older cars may also do that, but some do have bolts hidden under the overhang that need to be removed first, my Caddy had that. If not under there (which, from doing reconditioning for many years, is snake heaven), pull the front seats out (usually only two bolts, remember, overseas models you will need metric fittings for the ratchet to get the bolts off, should be either 10 or 11 MM). Check them upside down as the "seat cover", isn't very tight fitting, even if you don't find them, put the seats somewhere that if the snake is there, it wont be even more lost if it comes out by itself. If that doesn't work, personally I'd go for the carpet next. Obviously because of things like the seat rails, center console, etc. the whole carpet cannot be removed, but start by opening every door, unscrew visible screws in the kick pannels, or just snap them up and they come out, I know Honda Nissan and Acura will all just pop out with little force. Then pull the carpets aside. Basically, if you try, EVERYTHING will pop out of your car, all of which goes back in fairly simply, you should see what happens with all your cars and body shops, about 10 minutes after you drop off your wrecked beauty, a nice game of "tear and throw" begins, but it all looks good after. :) Best of luck Eddy

Ed

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I hope you find your snake... that is really awful. My Mom took my Red Tail for a car ride when I was pretty young... she was quite influenced by adult activities :rolleyes: and she failed to get him out of the car. I never saw my Boa again and didn't even get the "true" story until I was about 20 something. If it were me, I'd do what Ed is suggesting... very soon!

Ed, it's amazing that you completely described what I see my neighboring auto body shop do on a daily basis. At first glance, you're like "Oh my.. that car is totaled!" and a few hours later... little soap and water, some buffing and scrubbing, rewiring and all that jazz......... "Heyyy.. is that the same car?"

I am pretty much a "puzzle geek", so this is all fascinating to me! {D

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When I was 5 years old, I lost my Alligator Lizzard in the car... nearly broke my heart.. but then 6 MONTHS LATER we found him chillin under the front seat!!! he was alive and healthy... this was amazing to me because we had ripped the car apart, and had it throughly cleaned once, and still nerver found him... so there's is still alot of hope for your snake!!!

HOPE U FIND HIM!!!

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh I found her already under the seat as well. It was kinda stupid my bro found out and he was all like "i'll find it, I find everything". So he started lifting the cushoin of the seat and I told him don't you think I already looked there. But I lifted it up for him and sure enough it was right there still healthy as ever. I had an alligator lizard as well there biteres found mine in the backyard and have found maybe another too in my lifetime.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh I found her already under the seat as well. It was kinda stupid my bro found out and he was all like "i'll find it, I find everything". So he started lifting the cushoin of the seat and I told him don't you think I already looked there. But I lifted it up for him and sure enough it was right there still healthy as ever. I had an alligator lizard as well there biteres found mine in the backyard and have found maybe another too in my lifetime.
Glad to hear ur found it!!!!!:D

yeah the alligator lizzard was pretty mean at first, he always bit me! but then he calmed down and got nice till I lost him in the back yard lol:(

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When i first got it I read up on them and it says that they can give a painful bite but nothing serious. Then one time when he got away I caught it and it bit me hard so threw onto my other hand which it then bit me again and i juggled it like that another 2-3 times. My hands ended up a bloody mess.

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I actually had something similar happen when I moved. My king snake got out of his enclosure without me knowing it until I went to take the cage out of the car and found the lid ajar.

I figured he got up into the area under one of the seats - three weeks later, just when I thought he either died up there or had somehow found a way out, I reached over to grab something on the passenger seat and saw something yellow slithering around the floorboards

This was back in December and he was none the worse for wear.

Anyway, my guess would be up under the seats

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
found her already yeah under the seats. Actually I was thinking the worst because I had cleaned my car last weekend inside and out (yeah I detail cars interiors) and if you look at it now it's a mess. I turned everything inside out looking for her. In my bezerk inpatience i dropped a soda and some buttermilk in my car and it stinks horribly. I know it didn't smell like dead snake but I tought it could have.