how do i feed it? any ideas?

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well my obt has webbed herself in a corner pretty good and i'm wondering if she'll come out when she's hungry? or how do i feed her? i've been offering food since i got her but she hasn't eaten once in the few weeks i've had her [not really worried because her abdomen is nice and big] i've read that this species rarely refuses food so i'm wondering what's going on?

Glory

Arachnopeon
I'm guessing that she's just fine :) She could be in pre-molt (Do you know when she last molted?). As long as her abdomen doesn't start shrinking, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just keep offering food, only leaving it in there for about 24 hours if she doesn't eat it right away.

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It? Never considered any pet that I cared for as an "It" ,but to each its own.

What are the conditions you are keeping her in? Substrate, temperature, humidity, etc.

What type of food are you offering?

If you had her for a few weeks, webbed herself up completely and isnt accepting food, could be likely that she may be in pre-molt like Glory mentioned, depending on if she is being kept in the right conditions.

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You haven't said what size she is, but is there any possibility that she was mated before you got her? If so, it could be nesting behavior. {D

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
she is around 5-6 inches. i'm not sure when she last molted. i doubt she was mated. i'm keeping her on coco fiber. offering crickets. and the room temp when i wake up is 65 degrees [freezing i know] so i use a space heater to keep my T room around 75-80 degrees...she seems perfectly fine but hasn't been eating. she's active, and stuff just not hungry...

You haven't said what size she is, but is there any possibility that she was mated before you got her? If so, it could be nesting behavior. {D
haha I WISH {D

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My obt is exactly the same and the guy I bought her from said she would molt 2 months ago.

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sounds like she is fine. At 5-6 inches she could go 10-12 months between molts and up to 6 months without eating anything. Just offer fresh water and give her some time.