Answered How do I create my own photo gallery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey all! Prob a really dumb question that’s staring me in the face... but I can’t figure out how to create a gallery for my profile. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Hey all! Prob a really dumb question that’s staring me in the face... but I can’t figure out how to create a gallery for my profile. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
  1. Go to Gallery -> Your Albums.
  2. Click "Add Media" near the top-right corner.
  3. Where it says, "Add media to," select "An album."
  4. To create a new album, select "Create an album" from the drop-down menu. (If you are not seeing this option on the mobile version, try the desktop version.)
  5. Where it says "People Who May Add media to," please choose "Owner Only." Otherwise, less attentive members will often upload their images to other people's albums.)
  6. To add photos to one of your existing albums, select the relevant album under "Your Albums."

cold blood

Staff member
Just by uploading pics to the gallery, all your pics will automatically be viewable on your profile page under "media". Ive never downloaded into an album, but all my pics are right there on my profile page.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Just by uploading pics to the gallery, all your pics will automatically be viewable on your profile page under "media". Ive never downloaded into an album, but all my pics are right there on my profile page.
Yeah. The album feature is mainly for people who want all their pictures in one spot, or they frequently upload images that don't fit in a particular gallery.

Using private albums is less ideal for searching, as you can't use the gallery search to restrict results to a particular album. Accordingly, if the picture you're uploading has the potential to be useful as a reference image (such as molt or ventral sexing), we recommend using one of the public galleries.

Status
Not open for further replies.