Problem How do I add a review?

Dovey

Arachnobaron
I can read reviews of the user who sold me spiders, but cannot locate a new review form. ???

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I can read reviews of the user who sold me spiders, but cannot locate a new review form. ???
On that person's review page, click a star rating to open the form to add a review.

Dovey

Arachnobaron
Okay, I see the problem. I've been going to the reviews as completed, because that is the link that Scott sent me. I requested that he do that because I wanted to be sure to give him a lovely review. However, when I go on my own and search for the actual "write a review" page under either mob Borough or vial creatures, I can't find it. And I need to be able to do this for other purchases or sales. I'm psyching myself up. I can totally do this. How do I find the page to write a specific review? Why is this not coming up when I search?

Thank you so much for your ongoing help, by the way. This is a dumb thing not to know how to do or be able to figure out on my own, and I really appreciate the time you've committed to help me solve it.

I'm working off of a smartphone. Does that make a difference? Because I'm not seeing that screen.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Okay, I see the problem. I've been going to the reviews as completed, because that is the link that Scott sent me. I requested that he do that because I wanted to be sure to give him a lovely review. However, when I go on my own and search for the actual "write a review" page under either mob Borough or vial creatures, I can't find it. And I need to be able to do this for other purchases or sales. I'm psyching myself up. I can totally do this. How do I find the page to write a specific review? Why is this not coming up when I search?
I linked to MobBurrow's review page in my previous reply, but the way to find the review page is to open the user's profile and click "Reviews & Reports."

Dovey

Arachnobaron
Okay, clearly this has something to do with me working off of my phone. I have done reviews before and had no problem when I was on my computer. I will arrange to work from a computer later in the day and see if the problem continues. I went right to the link you gave me and was still not given an option of writing a review. Thanks again, though, for your help. This must be frustrating for you. I know it certainly is for me!

cold blood

Staff member
Im on my phone, went to the link ungoliant provided, clicked the stars and the review page opened right up.

Dovey

Arachnobaron
That's right, make me look bad. I hate you all. :banghead: I'll try again. This is really getting on my nerves. Any five-year-old ought to be able to do this what am I saying? Every five year old can do this.

Okay, here's a screenshot showing all of the available Stars one can click on when I go to the link and click on it.. I click on either of those sets of stars and absolutely nothing happens. I am not given an option of empty Stars anywhere. Just the overall average and the ratings on the first published review. Could this be an Android thing? Screenshot_2018-04-09-11-46-08.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Okay, here's a screenshot showing all of the available Stars one can click on when I go to the link and click on it.. I click on either of those sets of stars and absolutely nothing happens. I am not given an option of empty Stars anywhere. Just the overall average and the ratings on the first published review. Could this be an Android thing?
I don't use the mobile version (or really do any significant Internet browsing on my phone), so I don't know how the layout should look, but does your mobile version of Chrome have any extensions that might impact performance? Have you tried a different mobile browser?

Otherwise, I would suggest getting onto a desktop or laptop and trying the desktop version of the site.

One last question: have you ever reviewed this user before? (I ask, because I don't think our site allows the a user to post more than one review of the same user.)

cold blood

Staff member
That's right, make me look bad. I hate you all. :banghead: I'll try again. This is really getting on my nerves. Any five-year-old ought to be able to do this what am I saying? Every five year old can do this.

Okay, here's a screenshot showing all of the available Stars one can click on when I go to the link and click on it.. I click on either of those sets of stars and absolutely nothing happens. I am not given an option of empty Stars anywhere. Just the overall average and the ratings on the first published review. Could this be an Android thing? View attachment 272001
That's the average user rating...not the right group of stars to click on my dear.

The star rating you click on is below that...the stars are empty, as in not yellow;)

Below what you posted and just above where the reviews start is a set of blank stars with the title in front of them "rate and review item".

You can't click on stars that are yellow;)