How do Breeding loans work??

andy375hh

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just as the title says, I have never loaned out or did a 50/50 before and I am thinking about doing one, My questions are who pays for the shipping, how long should you loan out your male before getting him back etc. I know that there are threads on this subject but couldnt find any so any help will be appreciated I want to cover the basics before I decide to go ahead and do one.

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In the UK we often quote BTS rules apply which is accepted as sharing the resulting slings on a 50/50 basis. The owner of the male sends out his MM to the owner of the female(s), once the breeder is finished with the male he either sends it back or forwards it on to the next breeder. The cost of postage is met by the person doing the sending.
Should the breeder decide to sell the mated female he should make it clear from the start that the female is part of a 50/50 breeding agreement and therefore the BTS rule is carried forward.
The owner of the MM fully accepts that the male might be lost to attack by the female.