How do Amblypigids get their Moisture?

tyrel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Amblypigids (tailless whip scorpions) seem to an awkward shape for any kind of drinking. I was wondering, what do they do in the wild (or in captivity for that matter) to obtain their moisture? Do they seek out pools of water? Do they pick up dew droplets with thier pedipalps? A combination perhaps? Or do they do something else entirely?

Scourge

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've seen my Damon sp. drinking water droplets from the side of her container after I had misted. I guess they get most of their moisture from what they eat though.

Mike.

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ditto, and I've seen them drink out of a dish.

tyrel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've seen my Damon sp. drinking water droplets from the side of her container after I had misted. I guess they get most of their moisture from what they eat though.

Mike.
Good to know. Does your misting bottle send out a fine mist, or large droplets?

Scourge

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The mist is fairly fine, but forms largish droplets on the side of the tank.

Mke.

tyrel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks everyone. You've been very helpful. :worship:

tyrel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One more question: Can They molt while sitting on a vertical surface (like the side of a house or a tree), or do they need to actually hang off an angled surface?

Scourge

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't know the answer for certain, but I think taht they have to be hanging down from something. A diagonal piece of bark should do the trick.

Mike

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I found mine's molt hanging off of one of those half-pipe logs that was placed vertically -- so in this case, it was a verticle concave surface.