How difficult is it to raise orthochirus innesi

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been searching the forums here and haven't seen much info on orthochirus innesi scorpionlings. Someone had posted and said that they had a bunch die in 3i and their friend had similar experiences. I was interested in some slings but if the odds of them making it past that are slim perhaps I should seek adults or another species. Any guidance info opinions and experiences are appreciated.
~Dini~

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Going to take one of the large European breeders to chime in. Nobody in the US has raised and produced a true CB brood of these. The german and european breeders have all said inessi seems to be oddly the most difficult of all the orthochirus currently in the hobby. Keep adults and sub adults has been very easy but I cant speak for the slings

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah all the info I've been finding is people talking about keep adults. I've kept this species before like 9 years ago but they were adult specimens. So far I've found very little to no info on slings and what I did find wasn't much.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Seems like getting them to breed has been a consistent issue too, though I think the Europeans have that mostly figured out.

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah I read they were hard to breed. Wonder what the Europeans know that we dont.

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been doing some research on north africa where inessi can be found Morocco Egypt etc. I've found that in the winter,especially near the sea, the climate is more Mediterranean and that it gets pretty cold during the winter months as low as 50°. Do you think this has something to do with inessi breeding patterns and the lack of success in hobby breeding attempts. Maybe the have a "season". Similarly I have a theory about hadrurus arizonensis. That their breeding is set off by seasonal change. Any thoughts?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
While I can't say for sure with temps, I think a fluctuation in humidity is what really helps them. Maybe combining that with a change in temps provides the stimulus they need to give birth. They have a very long gestation period for being so small. Really bummed me out when my gravid females kicked it both times before giving birth. Got so close the second time too...

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Many species of scorpions need a hibernation period or a simulation of cold weeks or months to trigger what they need to properly gestate. That's actually the "trick" to a lot of species that people struggle to produce in the U.S. while the Europeans and germans look like pros lol.. they have the timing down the the cool down period and now how to properly acclimate them for a proper gestation

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It would be nice if one of them would chime in with some tips or hints lol. However I'm still not finding anything about the slings and why many expire before reaching adulthood in captivity. I'm still wondering if I should get the slings or wait for adults.