How could you be so cruel to your pet?! You horrendous person!!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Simply state your opinion without bashing someone else's. Even if you disagree listen. They might have a valid reason for what they say and change your mind.
This thread is a year old and pretty much dead ;)
I think you fell in the 'new member everything is unread' - pit. ;)

Potatatas

Arachnoknight
This thread will live on through us newbies!

I heard this forum could be a bit aggressive for newbies but I think it's often taken that way because everyone seems pretty blunt and to the point. If your enclosure sucks people are going to call you on it and for good reason.

Plus it is really annoying when us newbies post questions that could be answered through quick google searches.

Timj

Arachnopeon
We ask people on here for first hand experience there is a lot of false and misleading information on the internet. People on here know there stuff they should be happy to help others with less experience who are obviously interested in learning more about there animals. We cant all be experts straight away

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
We ask people on here for first hand experience there is a lot of false and misleading information on the internet. People on here know there stuff they should be happy to help others with less experience who are obviously interested in learning more about there animals. We cant all be experts straight away
Of course people are happy to help. And I know finding the right info can be hard. But there is a difference between someone asking 'hi, I'm looking to get into tarantulas but don't know where to start' and 'hi, I bought this P.metallica a week ago as my first spider but it looks to be almost dead and this is her enclosure *shows a terrarium with a stick and no waterdish*, what do I do?' or the newbie flipping because someone says his set up is wrong, and instead of adjusting just throws a fit.
It's not only important to be nice to new keepers. It is equally important to be nice to the experienced ones ;)

Timj

Arachnopeon
Absolutely, they have a lot of great knowledge to brush off i respect all tarantula keepers :) i understand where you are coming from there are a lot of stubborn people out there

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Hey, I like it. This is the first time I've gotten more positive reactions than when I posted an apology about being an idiot and telling someone they posted in the wrong section when it was in fact I who was in the wrong section.

8LeggedLair

Arachnoknight
I’m a noob here on arachnoboards but long time lurker, just last night I created a profile, because I couldn’t see the pics that someone posted about their spider losing a leg... the same happened to mine.

But yes as long as there are people there will always be differences in opinion. The way you handle the situation/opinion entails the outcome.