how can you tell if an emperor scorpion is going to molt?

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They look really (really really) obese beforehand, and right before the moult they get quite lazy and don't like to do much. They may also sit out in the open near to a heat source. Make sure you keep it nice and warm and humid and be patient.

Btw, they won't moult if they are adult.

edventurous77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
mine is deffinately not an adult hes only about 3.5 inches long.well he doesnt look 2 obese an he does move around quite a bit.i dont get it because i cant get him to feed he just ignores the crix completely(even wen he does feed he isnt that intrested in the crix i have to poke them towards him) any ideas????
thanks
Ed

edventurous77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if i take a pic will someone be able to tell me if there is something wrong (a reason for why he isnt intrested in eating eg. hes about to shed or wat not)
thanks
ps i say him im not sure wether its male or female

edventurous77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
whoah terrible quality hope u can still deduce my problem from those terrible pics lol

edventurous77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
erm about 3.5 inch normal an about 4 with his tail out he jus looks real big in dem pics also he is a she i jus looked at the other post about sexing and im certain its a she so duznt that mean she will be large

edventurous77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have onli had him/her bout a week an she has fed once thats y i was worried. she fed the day i got her and hasnt been intrested in crix since.duz she look like she will molt? is this her last molt?

ArachnoCrazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
scorpions should only eat about once a week and will often refuse food for long periods of time

nothing to worry about:)

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
one day like this and the next day like that haha

uaually gauge by the top plates of the body being stretch so far aprt they look like they goon explode, stop eating, and you can see the exoskeleteno starts to wrinkle a bit and not very high shine any more :)

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
edventurous77 said:
thanks for your help!!!
so do any of you think duke (my emp) is gonna molt???
ed
Based on what I can deduce from your pics I'd say so, or atleast it's getting close. Though mate, the quality is awefull! :wall: :)

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you gonna feed itmore!!!!!! untill it stops eating.. then its ready!

edventurous77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yer ano da quality is real i crappy .its off my camera fone. an i wud keep feedin her scorpfanatic but she as stopped eatin

edventurous77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
heres sum more pics of duke so you can tell me if he(its actuali a she) is going to molt.o yer he looks reli big on my hand but thats because im only 16 and my hands aint reli that big.and the penknife next to him is 4 inches long

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just got my first scorp. its a 4.5" emp. hey guys sorry to bring back such an old thread but id rather do this then make a new one. I picked this one out of the others because it was biggest and because I could see the most white between the top plates and I figured that ment it would molt the soonest.

my question is do the top plates seperate slowly as a scorp grows or does it happen in a few weeks and then he molts?