How can you know if a hissing cockroach is pregnant

tarantulas118

Arachnoknight
Besides the roach significantly growing longer in size are there any other small details that can help you figure out if the roach is pregnant. Also how can you exactly tell that your hisser is fully grown?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
It’ll become gassy and crave odd food such as Mayo covered pickles

DustyD

Arachnoknight
It’ll become gassy and crave odd food such as Mayo covered pickles
Lol, I am guessing the OP was EXPECTING that kind of response. I know that was going to be my helpful advice, but I am always late to the party.

tarantulas118

Arachnoknight
Lol, I am guessing the OP was EXPECTING that kind of response. I know that was going to be my helpful advice, but I am always late to the party.
I was actually not! I actually want to know this. I was just replying funny

DustyD

Arachnoknight
I was actually not! I actually want to know this. I was just replying funny
Maybe I should leave humor out while sleep deprived. I did feel that you really wanted to know but in the way you worded it you might be anticipating some humorous comments including poonjab’s comment and my use of EXPECTING as a reference to pregnancy.

tarantulas118

Arachnoknight
Maybe I should leave humor out while sleep deprived. I did feel that you really wanted to know but in the way you worded it you might be anticipating some humorous comments including poonjab’s comment and my use of EXPECTING as a reference to pregnancy.
Ohhhhhhhhh, dang I’m terrible at getting jokes😅. Maybe I shouldn’t have used the word pregnant but since they give live Birth I didn’t know how else to say it, and I’m all in for humorous replies as well as informative ones. But like Im one of those people who you tell a joke to, and I wont get it until randomly at 3:00 AM when all of a sudden it comes to me 😂

DustyD

Arachnoknight
Ohhhhhhhhh, dang I’m terrible at getting jokes😅. Maybe I shouldn’t have used the word pregnant but since they give live Birth I didn’t know how else to say it, and I’m all in for humorous replies as well as informative ones. But like Im one of those people who you tell a joke to, and I wont get it until randomly at 3:00 AM when all of a sudden it comes to me 😂
Oh, I am like that as well. I can have some great comebacks, just hours after the fact. Lol.

jbooth

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I thought mine was already pregnant, but she's just sticking her head in the dirt all day today, then looking back at the male like she's stuck...

madagascarhissinglover

Arachnosquire
Gravid is a another word to use- it works for every species

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Really it's just the plumpness of them, sometimes you'll see them rotating their oothecae externally as well before sucking it back in.