How can i tell if i have a mm ??

losct2381

Arachnosquire
i have t spininess and i really have been able to sex it because it just hasn't molted for me yet. show all the signs not eaten very lazy. the abdomen hasn't started to get dark yet so im playing the waiting game. any one got ant tips for me so i can try to make out if he's mm and will be passing on me soon

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have t spininess and i really have been able to sex it because it just hasn't molted for me yet. show all the signs not eaten very lazy. the abdomen hasn't started to get dark yet so im playing the waiting game. any one got ant tips for me so i can try to make out if he's mm and will be passing on me soon
There will be hooks under his first two legs, and his pedipalps will be swollen up like boxing gloves.

losct2381

Arachnosquire
It's a t-spinipes and I kind of remember gearing somewhere that they dot have tribal spurs either

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
It's a t-spinipes and I kind of remember gearing somewhere that they dot have tribal spurs either
As of now, the name for what you have is Theraphosa stirmi. "T. spinipes" was never a valid name anyway. They don't have tibial (not tribal) spurs, but as Chris said, look for the bulbous terminal segments (male palpal organs, or palpal bulbs) on the pedipalps, only ultimate males have those. Here's a picture to illustrate what I'm saying: http://www.thebts.co.uk/old_articles/images/plate4.jpg