How Can I sell my Tarantulas?

Tatarita

Arachnosquire
Hi all, Im trying to sell 2 beautiful Tarantulas, one of them I was told is rare in the hobby. But it won't let me post in for sale. Does anyone know why?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
you have to attain "Active member" status by contributing worthwhile content in the correct forums. Then its free. You can also pay $5 per month, 1, 3 or 10months you chose. Last you can become an Arachnoboards Supporter via annual subscription. These checks and balances keep unwanted scammers/spammers off the forum.
All the answers/links are here
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/important-announcement-read-before-posting.279681/

Tatarita

Arachnosquire
Oh ok. I guess I can't post for sale here then :sorry:
Does anyone know what other sites I can try to sell them?
I appreciawte your feedbacks

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh ok. I guess I can't post for sale here then :sorry:
Does anyone know what other sites I can try to sell them?
I appreciawte your feedbacks
There's always Craigslist, I suppose. It's not ideal but there are a fair number of tarantulas listed for sale there. Either that or pay the $5 for a 1-month membership or be patient and contribute 15 comments within a 45-day period to the ongoing discussions here on AB (Tarantula Chat does not count) to attain active member status. Either of these options will allow you to list them in the classifieds.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
It takes like a day and a half of posting to reach Active Member status. Just join a few conversations, you'll have it in no time.

But yeah, what species are you even selling?

Tatarita

Arachnosquire
Thank you, Eulers. I will join some convos. Well, the one I was told isn't common is the G. Concepcion- she's an adult. And the other is a Chaco 1.5" sling

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
@Tatarita, that G. sp. "Concepcion" will sell overnight if you post it for the right price. The G. pulchripes... maybe throw it in as a freebie with the other spider.

Do you know that it's a "she"? And how do you know?

Tatarita

Arachnosquire
Well, when the Concepcion was sold to me, they said is female and it looks like she is with slim waistline of hers, haha :cat:
When I sell her, do you know how much she would go for

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Well, when the Concepcion was sold to me, they said is female and it looks like she is with slim waistline of hers, haha :cat:
When I sell her, do you know how much she would go for
"She" won't sell for anything until you get a confirmation on sex ;) Right now, you have an unsexed spider. Buyers tend to assume male until shown otherwise. I've got a shelf of about half a dozen "confirmed female" tarantulas that all look ready for a boxing match. Post a picture (perhaps in the discussions subforum since these posts are earning you zilch towards the active member status) of the underside of the tarantula for us to sex. You obviously don't have a molt to supply, so a vent sex will be the next best thing. It has to be clear, well lit, and not blurry. Vent sexing is hard enough without using a potato for a camera!

If it's a female, expect $50-$75. If it's male or unsexed, $25-50. That's assuming around 4" dls, which is what an adult would be.

Tatarita

Arachnosquire
Im sure she's female as I posted a pic on here long ago to confirm her sex and on here they confirmed she's female. But to confirm again, I'm afraid to get a pic of her- I don't handle her because she threatens to kick hairs at me- although she's never actually done it, the rascal. Sometimes I feel she feeds on my fear, haha. She also doesnt climb the sides for me to get a pic that way. Let me see if I can find that pic I took of her underbelly. Thanks for the heads up :)

@EulersK Can I ask you, does my 15 posts count if I post in the Tarantula questions and Discussions forum?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Im sure she's female as I posted a pic on here long ago to confirm her sex and on here they confirmed she's female.
Your profile shows no pictures, and selling it as a "confirmed" female with only a vent sex is misleading. The only way - the only way - to confirm a sex is by getting an exuvia. You would sell this spider as a suspect female, not a confirmed female.

Just put it in a catch cup and take a picture. Shouldn't be hard. You don't need to handle to get it in a catch cup.

@EulersK Can I ask you, does my 15 posts count if I post in the Tarantula questions and Discussions forum?
Yes.

Tatarita

Arachnosquire
@EulersK i just wanna make sure i understood this correctly. In order for me to be able to create a "for sale" thread, does it require me to post 15 new threads or is it enough for me to post comments on other people's threads? Also, will it count if I post in "Tarantula questions and answers."
I appreciate your help :happy:

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
@EulersK i just wanna make sure i understood this correctly. In order for me to be able to create a "for sale" thread, does it require me to post 15 new threads or is it enough for me to post comments on other people's threads? Also, will it count if I post in "Tarantula questions and answers."
I appreciate your help :happy:
Its not that simple. Yes, only in certain sections of the forum do posts count...and you have to maintain a certain amount of posting within a certain time frame in those sections. I have been a member of this forum for years, but my "active member status" comes and goes because I don't post constantly or in the right places. Its rather annoying, but it is what it is.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
  • Everything one needs to know about how to post in the classifieds can be found here.
  • Forums that count toward your post count to gain Active Member status can be found here.
  • Posting a "For Sale" item in the classifieds without following the rules will result in getting it deleted.
  • If maintaining active member status isn't something you want to do, than purchase a member upgrade. Details here.

Also, please keep this thread on topic and do not post pictures of or any information on the tarantula(s) you have for sale. It will be deleted. Any questions or discussion on tarantulas need to be made in the Tarantulas Questions and Discussions or Tarantula Chat forum.