How big are the following slings when they emerge?

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How big are the following slings when they emerge?

Poecilotheria regalis
Poecilotheria formosa
Avicularia versicolor
Avicularia avicularia
Psalmopeous irmina

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There are many variables involved but most of the species you listed, being arboreals, have very moderate quantities of babies. In general the species you mentioned would yield 2nd instar spiderlings aproximating 1/2"-1". I've noticed that the age/maturity level of the female has some impact in my own personal breeding program. I had a large adult Tapincuachenius cupreus with very robust spiderlings but 3 barely adult females had sacs with very tiny spiderlings. Diane

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So ventilation holes that are 1 or 2 mm in diameter, should be escape proof, right? Thinking of attempting to breed my female regalis and if i had slings escaping, the wife would kill me.

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So ventilation holes that are 1 or 2 mm in diameter, should be escape proof, right? Thinking of attempting to breed my female regalis and if i had slings escaping, the wife would kill me.
I use a heated (by candle) darning needle that I hold with a pliers to make holes in my vials. Once I get it good and hot, I can punch holes in several lids before I have to reheat it. You fon't need many holes, you just need to watch to make sure you don't get the substrate too damp. Poecilotheria are not the easiest species to breed. I think you've probably got plenty of time to get the vials made. {D Diane
Diane