How active are B. jacksoni?

MasamuneX7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm looking for a decent-sized colorful and active scorpion that readily uses its stinger instead of relying on its pincers, and this caught my interest. I'm rather new to this hobby, though knowledgeable about invertebrates and willing to do extensive research before purchasing, and was searching for something that isn't too common (desert hairy, emperor, asian forest, flatrock, etc.) but is an interesting and beautiful species to keep. I would consider having a Leiurus or Androctonus, but there's the issue of people not wanting to visit me anymore or the idea that if I'm too careless I could very well end up dead. :D

Anyone with B. jacksoni willing to share their experiences?

Any other suggestions? I don't intend on handling these on a day to day basis, but it's always fun to take a risk every once in a while. I have yet to be bitten by my S. subspinipes or H. lividum.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you take a look around you will see another post about this species. Read the link in this thread. Babycurus jacksoni, like most other scorpions, is not diurnal and hides under bark the whole day. At night they come out, looking for food, grooming themselves and just laying in the moist areas in their enclosure.

Do not take risks with scorpions, go bungeejumping if you want to seek a thrill. I don't know your age, but this remark: but it's always fun to take a risk every once in a while., sounds irresponsible to me. Don't be fool and take risks with these animals.

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you take a look around you will see another post about this species. Read the link in this thread. Babycurus jacksoni, like most other scorpions, is not diurnal and hides under bark the whole day. At night they come out, looking for food, grooming themselves and just laying in the moist areas in their enclosure.

Do not take risks with scorpions, go bungeejumping if you want to seek a thrill. I don't know your age, but this remark: but it's always fun to take a risk every once in a while., sounds irresponsible to me. Don't be fool and take risks with these animals.
I agree with Michiel, additionally you never know if a sting can send you into anaphylactic shock and you don't want to find out.

MasamuneX7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you for the warnings. I'll exercise extreme caution with it. It's a 3/5 on the venom scale right?

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ive seen them rated differently on different books. Just be careful and use common sense. Bee stings are ok for some and send other to the hospital.

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
give it time ... youll get stung.

whats active? whatever is taken care of correctly. when i put my scorpions in my reptile room that stayed over 85 degrees, there was a ton of activity. when i first got into scorpions, i had a ton of 2i emps. i got some wild hair to give them a 150 watt ceramic heating element in one end of the enclosure and the activity level would go wayyyy up when I turned it on for a few hours.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I love my B. jacksoni!! :D Very beautiful, much less of a pet hole than my forest scorps, and they readily sting their prey (see avatar).

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I going to join so I can get a custom avatar, but I really need an action shot like yours first. Nice action avatar.:worship:

I love my B. jacksoni!! :D Very beautiful, much less of a pet hole than my forest scorps, and they readily sting their prey (see avatar).