Housing Poeciltheria regails juveniles...

Blaze

Arachnopeon
hey what size vial is that and whered u get that tree thing?

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think they are 10 dram vials... they are 1 inch dia. and 2 inches tall. The "tree" is a plastic seaweed decoration for aquariums, they are about $8 and one package could supply enough for 100 vials or more.

Blaze

Arachnopeon
do you think i could buy one off you with a tree in it already?

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry I only have the vials that house my slings and are not for sale... check back in a couple months though and I may have a few to sell. You can buy 25vials for $13. Google 10-20 dram vial(s). Thanks for looking though.

mosca

Arachnopeon
I'm sorry to say it but I think those vials are too small. Pokies like to move round and need space to explore. They also need somewhere they can hide in too or moult .
Good luck with them but I hope you rehome them soon.

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm sorry to say it but I think those vials are too small. Pokies like to move round and need space to explore. They also need somewhere they can hide in too or moult .
Good luck with them but I hope you rehome them soon.
They are only temporary. I just received these in the mail and I am in the process of moving so all my supplies are packed away. These may be my only videos but I have been raising Ts' for alomost a decade and I am well aware of how to care for them properly. If you have anything positive to say then feel free to do so. For future reference you may want to ask before assuming... All the slings ate last night and are doing excellent. Thanks for looking.

mosca

Arachnopeon
You didn't mention they were only temporary in your post or when you were asked about them. I was trying to be polite but was also a little concerned for the T's that's all. My apologies if you were offended in any way.

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
The vial is big enough for the sling(until next molt anyway), but it would be better to put a peice of popsicle stick in there or something that it can actually climb on properly. That little plant thing is only taking up space.

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I sheared one side of the plant so it is only taking up the height of the vial on one side... thanks for the concern and suggestions but they all seem very content sitting "pokie style" on the side of their enclosures.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are only temporary. I just received these in the mail and I am in the process of moving so all my supplies are packed away. These may be my only videos but I have been raising Ts' for alomost a decade and I am well aware of how to care for them properly. If you have anything positive to say then feel free to do so. For future reference you may want to ask before assuming... All the slings ate last night and are doing excellent. Thanks for looking.

Seemed like a friendly attempt at a reminder, but as they say... The internetz is serious business.

Nice videos... Good luck with the spiders.

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
I sheared one side of the plant so it is only taking up the height of the vial on one side... thanks for the concern and suggestions but they all seem very content sitting "pokie style" on the side of their enclosures.
My regalis only likes to climb glass too. I've got a palm frond, slab of bark, and a craft store plant branch in his cage & I havn't once seen him on them. He either burrows under them or climbs the glass.
Ahh well, at least that gives us a chance to see the bright yellows and blues right?

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just figured this out so I thought I would repost these two videos with an update.
[YOUTUBE]q3l-5DWEEcg[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]M5yNeq-JZJo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

New enclosure... all 8 of them are housed the same as this one. They are all doing great.

Rue

Arachnoknight
I like the way you set up the deli container...is that just temporary too?

I have my 'nice' containers all ready to go (for when my spiderlings arrive)...then thought the holes might be too big...so I stockpiled on some plastic 'just in case'.

BTW...nice rifle...expecting company? ;)

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thank you. I will be housing them in these until they reach about 4 inches then I will house one female in a display enclosure and sell the rest. I think the deli cups are ideal for housing slings to young adults.

Oh and the AK... that's for zombies {D

Rue

Arachnoknight
LOL...we just watched Season 1 of "The Walking Dead"...you must have too...{D

phily1579

Arachnopeon
Thats a perfect setup for a pokie or araboreal. I got mine set up just like that too. ;-) we r professional grade. :D:clap: