Housing Options

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Hello everyone. As you may know, I recently ordered a 3.5 inch A. Metallica from Ken the Bug Guy. While shutting off my computer- I read my PMs and found an amazing surprise. Ken actually sent me the 5 inch female! Well, I had ordered an acrylic enclosure which is one inch too small for a 5 inch, though. What would I be able to house my Metallica with when it arrives?

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How would an enclosure be too small by one inch? It isn't like one inch will equal life or death. The T will more than likely do great in it. However, I have no idea what you are referencing. Clue me in.

Otherwise, go with what you will probably end up with anyway. A 12"x12"x18" Exo-Terra at your LPS for $50. That's why I can't justify acrylics.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
It's a 6" x 6" x 12" enclosure "best choice for housing juveniles of arboreal species of up to 4 inches in leg span."

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well...you're right. It's small. Very small. However, the T will be fine in it for a few days if need be.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Yes. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but I'm going to have to come to your house and steal all of your Ts to sell them for money. Lol :p . But anyways, I don't really have $50.

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lol! It would be a LONG drive from CA!

Could you borrow the $50 from somewhere or someone? I can tell you, most petstores pay $25 for those cages. So, if you have a nice store that is willing to deal, start negotiations. I was able to buy one for $20 last cage I bought. Just saying, you never know. Never hurts to try working a deal.

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Or just pick up an upright tupperware type thing and drill some holes in it. A couple of bucks, no haggling, no shipping costs. There are many inexpensive DIY options available, and a zillion threads about them.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Or just pick up an upright tupperware type thing and drill some holes in it. A couple of bucks, no haggling, no shipping costs. There are many inexpensive DIY options available, and a zillion threads about them.
This, this, a million times, this.

Look up Jon3800's newer vids on Youtube. He is the master of DIY enclosures - and they all look pretty nice, too.

:)