Housing for sling - need advice

zodac

Arachnopeon
Would be very happy to hear advices for 2-2.5 cm sling (Golden knee) environment.

It is mentioned that Golden Knees do not need a humid environment but from what I observe they actually do love it based on my and friends golden knees.

Loves to burrow and since I put the snail shell it rarely leaves inside of the shell.

Attachments

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
Are you referring to a G. pulchripes?

If so, I would suggest more substrate to allow for burrowing if your t wishes so.

Just a water dish too and should be just fine

sasker

Arachnoprince
I would not use that shell as a hide. It does not allow your tarantula to dig deeper. Especially when it gets bigger, your tarantula needs room to expand its burrow. This is not possible in this shell.

cold blood

Staff member
I would house it in something much smaller....i also strongly suggest not giving it the extra room to burrow that was previously suggested....these 2 things are a recipe for a hiding t that loses food motivation....which leads directly to glacial growth.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Would be very happy to hear advices for 2-2.5 cm sling (Golden knee) environment.

It is mentioned that Golden Knees do not need a humid environment but from what I observe they actually do love it based on my and friends golden knees.

Loves to burrow and since I put the snail shell it rarely leaves inside of the shell.
Use scientific names, common names are USELESS quite often.

What did you observe that makes you think they love it???? Recognize they can’t love anything.