Housing for Phidippus regius?

Colette

Arachnopeon
I've managed to get my hands on a male, currently living in one of those plastic tubs you buy livefoods in. It's set up vertically as an arboreal enclosure.

I'd like something a bit prettier with better visibility. I'm was thinking either a critter keeper or something homemade like a Mason jar with ventilation holes in the lid.

Any suggestions? Specifically I'm interested in optimum size (inches or cm rather than volume preferably).

basin79

ArachnoGod
I keep my jumpers in 19cm square tubs with a sling pot stuck at the top so they don't web up the lid.

TwistedFishy

Arachnopeon
I keep my jumpers in 19cm square tubs with a sling pot stuck at the top so they don't web up the lid.
I apologize if this is obtuse, but
I'm having a hard time picturing that. Maybe I don't know exactly what a "sling pot" is, but from my research, it looks like it's just a jar or some other small container for slings to live in until they get bigger. How would you put something like that at the top of a bigger enclosure that opens at the top?

P.S. Total newbie to jumping spiders.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I apologize if this is obtuse, but
I'm having a hard time picturing that. Maybe I don't know exactly what a "sling pot" is, but from my research, it looks like it's just a jar or some other small container for slings to live in until they get bigger. How would you put something like that at the top of a bigger enclosure that opens at the top?

P.S. Total newbie to jumping spiders.