Housing adults?

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Just wanted some opinions on how you guys personally prefer to house your adult terrestrials? As far as size goes, not necessarily husbandry. Specifically curious about N. Chromatus, N. Coloratovilosus, and B. Albopilosum.

Do you like using 10-20 gallon tanks with custom tops? Or the giant kritter keepers? Large modified sterlite? Something else?

I've got all slings/ juvies so far and I'll be having 3 adult females coming in a few weeks. Wanted to get an idea of what to look at in terms of size for enclosures. The giant KK seem like they may work well, but I was worried about horizontal space.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a mature B. albopilosum in a 12x12 low cage (6 or 7 inches high, maybe?). Yes - it has the much-maligned screen top - but she has never been a climber so it's really not an issue. Most of my other adult terrestrials are in 5-gallon tanks, with the exception of larger species like L. parahybana and T. stirmi.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just wanted some opinions on how you guys personally prefer to house your adult terrestrials? As far as size goes, not necessarily husbandry. Specifically curious about N. Chromatus, N. Coloratovilosus, and B. Albopilosum.

Do you like using 10-20 gallon tanks with custom tops? Or the giant kritter keepers? Large modified sterlite? Something else?

I've got all slings/ juvies so far and I'll be having 3 adult females coming in a few weeks. Wanted to get an idea of what to look at in terms of size for enclosures. The giant KK seem like they may work well, but I was worried about horizontal space.
I keep my AF albo in a Breeder Box, Large size by ExoTerra. She's been in there for 3 yrs, still molting and eating as usual. Plus I don't have to worry about her getting her legs caught in anything or falling.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Do the 35 provide a decent amount of room for substrate?
not really. i dont use them for burrowing species or those that tend to burrow. its enough room for a brachy, grammo, aphonopelma ect. but not nearly enough for any old world burrowers. i only use the 35s when i have a large female that might be a little too cramped in the 18

petkokc

Arachnosquire
I make custom glass enclosures for all my adults. Got more flexibility and I can make them to perfectly fit my shelf. If you are in DIY mode you should consider it ^^

Estein

Arachnoknight
I also use the large ExoTerra breeder box for my AF G. porteri--not one of your species, but I've been a fan of it so far. I also like that the small doorway on the top slides and locks instead of having to be opened/closed with some force, which was how it worked on the old enclosure and always seemed a little stressful for my gal.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
i use sterilite 18qt latching boxes for most of my adults and the 35qt for the larger adults
Agreed 100% . They're shatterproof , cheap , easy to clean , easy to ventilate , stack-able , and readily available . What more could you ask for in your enclosures ?