Housing 1st instar Pokies

MattjediEdmonds

Arachnosquire
When my batch of eggs with legs molt into 1st instar, is it OK to keep them with each other? If I remember right, 1i don't eat until they molt into 2i.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
What would be a good 1st meal for these tiny Spiderlings? Springtails? Fruit Flies? Something else?

cold blood

Staff member
what would be a good 1st meal for these tiny spiderlings?
Pokie slings arent exactly tiny....just like any sling, they will eat anything appropriately sized....i typically feed them small crickets....but small roaches or even mealie pieces are just fine.....pokie slings are great eaters from the get go.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Pokie slings arent exactly tiny....just like any sling, they will eat anything appropriately sized....i typically feed them small crickets....but small roaches or even mealie pieces are just fine.....pokie slings are great eaters from the get go.
I don't know anything about pokies...good to know.

Not applicable here: I am bringing in a group of D diamentinensis, with plans raise them to maturity and to breed them. They are a dwarf species and the slings will be small, tiny...so just asking.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
l
ALL 1i should be kept together, in an incubator....without exception.

Seperate after they molt to 2i.

Even after they molt to 2i, you still have a week or more before they eat and really need to be seperated.

Ornata would be the most critical to seperate right away.
Don’t pokies have an exra instar in the mix? (thought i read that someplace.)