house spiders

JohnMatthew

Arachnopeon
I'm always lurking but not often sharing so thought I'd show off a couple of my house spiders. I love the jumping spiders around here, some very cool ones I haven't caught on film yet but I'm trying.

This girl was huge, thankfully near a smoke detector so you can see. They're so much fun at night, amazing how fast they run along the walls! She was also dragging around an egg-sac, so I'm exited to get more of these lurking on my walls!!

This jumper was on my side door, outside, and caught a good sized meal!

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I'm jealous...I wish I had H. venatoria free-roaming my home.

Any idea what the jumper is? I found those everywhere I went in C. Florida.

JohnMatthew

Arachnopeon
I have no idea what type of jumping spider it is, there seem to be so many down here. My favorite so far is one of the larger species with metallic green chelicerae! It looks awesome but I never have my camera when I see them. If anybody knows a good source for jumping spider identification let me know please.

Thanks,
John

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The jumper is Phidippus regius :D Nice big female too, looks a ton like one of my old females that died several months ago! I wish I had more interesting prey items for my P.regius, since it's pretty obvious they seem to enjoy catching rediculously big meals!

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Wow!!!!!

What beautiful spiders! I would like about 20 of each, please! {D
You are lucky, I can't find any big Huntsman OR the white morph of P.regius.

TheTyro: Not to dispute your ID of the P. regius, but how can you tell the difference of regius and otiosus? They look amazingly alike, and so many variations...

I so want a white regius or otiosus! I have 4 MF orange morph regius, one has about 100 slings, and also a MM.

Great pics, keep 'em coming!!! I so enjoy looking at them! S.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The jumper is Phidippus regius :D Nice big female too, looks a ton like one of my old females that died several months ago! I wish I had more interesting prey items for my P.regius, since it's pretty obvious they seem to enjoy catching rediculously big meals!
Yup, looks a lot like my P.regius RCF sling; right down to the "head dot." My last of four. :(