house spiders in the T room

umtox

Arachnopeon
Anyone ever seen house spiders running around in the T room and responded by catching them and housing next to the T's? Looks pretty hilarious and they have a voracious appetite.

cold blood

Staff member
There are a couple house spiders and a cellar spider in my t room....i just leave em be.

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
I get a bunch of yellow sac spiders that love to snack on any escaped fruit flies. I also found some Parsons which I kept because of how pretty they are.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I get cellar spiders in the area all the time. I just leave them alone as they literally are helpful by catching those annoying gnats and fruit flies buzzing around in the summer.

TheHound

Arachnoknight
I keep reading about how cellar spiders can catch and eat more substantial house spiders (the ones we have in the UK from Eratigena genus). Makes me wonder how big a T would need to be to not have to worry about an encounter with one!

umtox

Arachnopeon
Very interesting on the cellar spiders - I have a ton of those too. Never seen a house spider in the web, just a ton of flies - appreciate their service.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Cellar spiders are a little creepy to me, but yes they do take care of those irritating fungus gnats that sometimes show up in the summer. If I find them around my tarantula enclosures I just leave them alone. As long as they don't actively crawl on my skin, we can live in peace together.

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
We've always had tons of spiders because we're in the woods. I've named them all "Fred" and normally we just leave each other be.
Once I caught one in my shower. It decided to start webbing up the catch cup so I gave it a water dish and eventually it moved on.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I leave house spiders be. I recently learned, although most people on here probably know this, that the vast majority of the spiders in your house were born there and have never been outside. And that releasing them can be dangerous for them! So I don’t put them outside anymore.

they’re cold, let them in!

thedragonslapper

Arachnosquire
House spiders sometimes make webs in the top corners of my dubia colony. Prolly to snatch any gnats/FFs that might be attracted to the produce I so often feed the roaches.