House spider ID

Crocodylidae

Arachnosquire
Hello!
eeee (1).JPG eeee (2).JPG eeee (5).JPG eeee (4).JPG
(Sorry, the pictures are very blurry)
Since a very long time, there seem to be a lot of them in my house and I really dislike them; I don't mind 98% of spiders, I could let big spiders in my hand and whatever, but both pholcus and those spiders I'm talking about in this post scare me. I tried to learn about them, keep them in a box and observe them, imagine them as just cute little spiders but they still scare me a lot to the point where I have chills, that I threw items in the trash I liked because they were on them, and I'm afraid to pick up any old books/furnitures just because of them.

I at first thought of them being young Steatoda (little dots on the back I noticed sometimes) because of the way they look, but now I'm thinking..what if it's just another species?
I've seen them in other pieces such as the bathroom as well, and some of them can be very small and others are bigger but not as big as adults. So I'm not sure whether they are just babies or if they are just small spiders?

Last time I found one with what look like eggs, are those eggs or something else?
spider yes.PNG

Thanks if anyone answer!

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Useless reply. No idea what it is but is harmless as it doesn't resemble any of the species with a medically significant bite and yes, eggs, which tells you how large an adult gets. As a wild guess, they are Pholcids. The one carrying eggs has a flexed tarsus, a typical Pholcid trait unusual in most other web dwellers. Check out: https://bugguide.net/node/view/9608

Last edited:

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Spiders are good luck for a house.
As I tell my kids, if you want to do something about it then throw it outside. Otherwise they are free to stay.

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
Perhaps a dose of perspective might help where extermination attempts have failed.
Type into your search engine the following words: "spider" "house" "Australia."

I've never been a spider guy until very recently, so I can sincerely commiserate. The old "at least I don't have to deal with THAT" therapy has always worked for me to some degree... Maybe it would for you, seeing as in general, you like spiders...