House geckos

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do house geckos look like anoles. The pet store i go to have a tank of house geckos, but they look like anoles to me. I tried looking online for pictures but my internet sucks and it takes like 20 mintues for one picture to show up. Thanks

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Do house geckos look like anoles. The pet store i go to have a tank of house geckos, but they look like anoles to me. I tried looking online for pictures but my internet sucks and it takes like 20 mintues for one picture to show up. Thanks
no they look like light tan bumpy gekos

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
petco sells them for about 6 bucks each i think. They are taking over here im tellin ya. where my mom lived at the lake they were all over and my brother said they are all over around his place too

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I took a pic of house geckos mating in my house. Not the best pic because it was way up on the ceiling.

hermitman64

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I actually don't see many of these at all. We have tons of Hemidactylus turcicus, though - Mediterranean Gecko.

SlovenlyFive

Arachnopeon
those things -Hemidactylus turcicus anyways- are all over the place! At my house near San Antonio, my work near New Braunfels and my property out near Seguin.

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
those things -Hemidactylus turcicus anyways- are all over the place! At my house near San Antonio, my work near New Braunfels and my property out near Seguin.
yeah..the cool thing about this particular species is it has been documented, i think, in every county in texas..and it wasnt expected to so so for many years.
they have spread faster than the Egret without wings!

SlovenlyFive

Arachnopeon
yeah..the cool thing about this particular species is it has been documented, i think, in every county in texas..and it wasnt expected to so so for many years.
they have spread faster than the Egret without wings!

you're right, they are documented all over the state and most of the northern & coastal areas of mexico as well. UT's research hasn't been updated on this species since 1999 and it just goes to show how fast they've spread.

here's what they show in their research as of 1999:

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you're right, they are documented all over the state and most of the northern & coastal areas of mexico as well. UT's research hasn't been updated on this species since 1999 and it just goes to show how fast they've spread.

here's what they show in their research as of 1999:

damned..that is outdated..whats wierd is that i hd been collecting herps all my life in texas and never had seen one unitll about 1985-86.
i started colonies everywhere i went and sent them to people i knew all over.
i'm sure i had nothing to do with the spread..lol..but it is amazing how fast they covered almost every microenvirenment in texas!