Hottest temps you've safely kept slings

Shazz

Arachnopeon
Well so far ive been keeping 3 newly acquired slings at between 28-30C this is the highest i kept slings at, usually they've been between 22-25C.
They are kept in my makeshift incubator which is basically just a sealed tub with insulation and a heatmat on the bottom, but it never goes over 30C.
The slings are kept in standard sling pots and its plenty moist in there, enough that theres always condensation along the walls so desication isn't a risk. They are under a power feeding regime which involves multiple daily feedings, an all you can eat buffet for T's lol.
Anyone else kept slings at these temps, or even higher?
What do you think is the highest temps slings could be kept at permanently until they become small juvies?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I like to keep my slings at 80F and feed them frequently to get maximum growth. Slings can be pretty fragile and IMO become exponentially hardier with every inch they gain..

There are certain species that when kept warm still won't grow fast because of there genetics. Some aphno and grammy species come to mind.

If you have constant condensation then you probably have too little ventilation that's deffinately not a good thing..

boina

Lady of the mites
High temps + high humidity + little to no ventilation ('sealed tub'???) + poop/leftovers from frequent feedings = the perfect breeding ground for any kinds of bacteria. To me that sounds too much like a recipe for desaster. It might work, but when the right (or wrong) kind of bacteria start to grow in there you will end up with 3 dead slings before you can even react.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Mine r kept right around 72-74 at all times. Condiment cups with holes on the top and sides, 1/4 of the dirt moist and twice a week feeding.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My apartment doesn't have AC. Last summer it was 90-100 degrees during the day quite often. All my Ts did fine, including the B. albiceps and B. smithi slings.

Shazz

Arachnopeon
High temps + high humidity + little to no ventilation ('sealed tub'???) + poop/leftovers from frequent feedings = the perfect breeding ground for any kinds of bacteria. To me that sounds too much like a recipe for desaster. It might work, but when the right (or wrong) kind of bacteria start to grow in there you will end up with 3 dead slings before you can even react.
There is ventilation in the form of holes in the lid, plus they get opened a couple times a day for feedings, and any dead insects are removed prior to each feeding and there are springtails in the substrate to manage the poop, the only factor changed in this "experiment" is the heat.

Shazz

Arachnopeon
I like to keep my slings at 80F and feed them frequently to get maximum growth. Slings can be pretty fragile and IMO become exponentially hardier with every inch they gain..

There are certain species that when kept warm still won't grow fast because of there genetics. Some aphno and grammy species come to mind.

If you have constant condensation then you probably have too little ventilation that's deffinately not a good thing..
Yeah im powerfeeding them to get them out of this fragile stage, as slings you don't have to worry about overfeeding since they moult so often and so fast.

Shazz

Arachnopeon
My apartment doesn't have AC. Last summer it was 90-100 degrees during the day quite often. All my Ts did fine, including the B. albiceps and B. smithi slings.
B.smithis are some hardy motherf*ckin spiders, my adult female feeds and is active at temps even below 18C, which is usually drops to at night time in the house.

Stella Maris

Arachnoknight
My lowest temps in winter got to 68 F and now it's about 79-80 F in my bedroom, gets like this year round. Is the high room temp of 80 F need to be something I'm concerned about?

A few of my sling's are in plastic vials and they have ventilation holes on the lid. Unfortunately no ways to put vent holes on the side of the vial because it's not thin plastic like condiment cups. Two out of five of my sling are possibly large enough to be rehoused into 2 oz condiment cups but I'm afraid of putting my 1/8 slings in anything larger than one of those artist's paint supply vials at the moment.

Am I being paranoid?

Shazz

Arachnopeon
My lowest temps in winter got to 68 F and now it's about 79-80 F in my bedroom, gets like this year round. Is the high room temp of 80 F need to be something I'm concerned about?

A few of my sling's are in plastic vials and they have ventilation holes on the lid. Unfortunately no ways to put vent holes on the side of the vial because it's not thin plastic like condiment cups. Two out of five of my sling are possibly large enough to be rehoused into 2 oz condiment cups but I'm afraid of putting my 1/8 slings in anything larger than one of those artist's paint supply vials at the moment.

Am I being paranoid?
The biggest reason for requiring ventilation is stagnation of humid air, so the more humid it is the more ventilation you need. In terms of oxygen supply you'll be suprised how little they require. A small sling pot with a couple holes poked in the top is perfectly fine for the average sling as long as its not kept overly humid.
Your temps are relatively normal for most hobbiests (albeit a little higher than average but well in the safe zone, no T will suffer ill effects at 80F) and so is the environment you keep them in, in terms of enclosure size and ventilation so don't be worried its not an issue.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I keep the pet room between 78-82 year around. I have a lot of tiny slings and I've not had any trouble with them.

I've moved over to feeding my slings a bigger meal once a week and keeping the temps up. They grow just as fast as when I fed several times a week at the same temps with less hassle.

Shazz

Arachnopeon
I keep the pet room between 78-82 year around. I have a lot of tiny slings and I've not had any trouble with them.

I've moved over to feeding my slings a bigger meal once a week and keeping the temps up. They grow just as fast as when I fed several times a week at the same temps with less hassle.
What do you consider as a "bigger meal", a prekilled insect for it to scavenge on or the largest thing it can take down?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I only feed dubia roaches which I crush the heads on before dropping them in. This keeps them from burrowing. A bigger meal to me is about twice as large as I would normally feed the sling. It varies depending on what I have on hand but there about.

All my Ts will scavenge, even the adults. At one point I had a lot of extra adult dubias and I fed everything cut up food for a while. Everything ate fine.