Hottentotta Trilineatus care

Abu Bakr

Arachnopeon
I recently got a 2i H.Trilineatus as a freebie and have hardly seen any care sheet for them. I have no idea how big they get as adults but here's what I gotta ask.

What should be the enclosure size?Is a 500ml cup enough? Right now it's a 2 instar so I'm not too worried about it. It got plenty of space.

And what should be the Substrate? Sand?

Temperature? Is 30 C to 35 C good?

Humidity I'm assuming should be around 40 to 50%.

Is this correct? I have never really kept a desert species, I have only kept tropical forest ones.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I recently got a 2i H.Trilineatus as a freebie and have hardly seen any care sheet for them. I have no idea how big they get as adults but here's what I gotta ask.

What should be the enclosure size?Is a 500ml cup enough? Right now it's a 2 instar so I'm not too worried about it. It got plenty of space.

And what should be the Substrate? Sand?

Temperature? Is 30 C to 35 C good?

Humidity I'm assuming should be around 40 to 50%.

Is this correct? I have never really kept a desert species, I have only kept tropical forest ones.
Scorplings don't require a lot space.

Peat/sand mixture 30/70.

30-35 c is good.

I have heard young scorplings require higher humidity.

Where is @ArachnoDrew at? I would like to see what he can contribute. Just read a thread about raising U.olivaceus that he contributed to by stating they are alittle tricky.

Abu Bakr

Arachnopeon
For the last 48 hours I was keeping it in pure sand. I'll change the substrate in the morning.

On the first day or two, it was really fast. It would run circles real fast around the enclosure at the sign of trouble but now it has gotten relatively slow and was clinging to the ventilation holes, Probably not enough humidity but I don't know, I could be wrong, or am just overthinking it.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
For the last 48 hours I was keeping it in pure sand. I'll change the substrate in the morning.

On the first day or two, it was really fast. It would run circles real fast around the enclosure at the sign of trouble but now it has gotten relatively slow and was clinging to the ventilation holes, Probably not enough humidity but I don't know, I could be wrong, or am just overthinking it.
Your are definitely overthinking the scorpion's behavior, the scorpion had some excitement and probably winding down, and it choosing the ventilation holes is purely coincidental. I would definitely mix some peat into the sand like 30/70 mixture.

Abu Bakr

Arachnopeon
I changed the substrate. I don't have peat so I used cocofiber + sand of the 30/70 ratio.