Hottentotta trial.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
So my three female H.polystictus are currently doing their best impressions of the goodyear blimp. I think H.poly # 1 is doing the best impression, but #3 has been doing it the longest. I've moved them to a slightly hotter environment in the hopes that I can convince them to drop.

Cheers,
Dave

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
So it sounds like you are pretty sure they are gravid and not just crickest hogs. I wish you luck..it would be a good achievement. Do you have any ideas when and under what conditions in the wild that birth takes place?

John
];')

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Not 100% certain on one of them, but the other two I am pretty damn sure. I have climate data for their natural habitat and I have partuition timing for H.trilineatus. The only thing I really don't know is whether the scorpions have read the information and understand how they are supposed to behave. ;)

Cheers,
Dave

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Hmmm yes they are tricky little devils

John
];')

zoobugs

L.D.50
Old Timer
Hi Dave,
I had baby polystictus born in the month of Aug last year after I got them in April. She came in gravid, but to how long she was gravid before I received her is anyone's guess. She was also a very good mom, with her brood of 18.
Best..
Jim