Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Hottentotta species????

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Boomslang77, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Advertisement
    Can anyone identify this species? looks like tamulus but not sure.

Attached Files:

2. TheScorpionMan

TheScorpionMan Arachnoknight

Almost looks like a leiurus sp. to me. Where'd u get it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. brandontmyers

brandontmyers Arachnoangel Old Timer

Definitely Leiurus sp, looks to be L. quinquestriatus. Does not look to be in great health as the telson is black.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoemperor Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. It's not mine but being sold as a hottentotta... wasn't sure myself...

6. Falsielove13

Falsielove13 Arachnosquire

Don't buy it. Ken can sit and spin! He charges outrageous prices, doesn't take care of his stock, total asshole if you ask questions. That and $100 for some scorp he can't even properly ID? I assume its some Mesobuthus sp

• Clarification Please Clarification Please x 1
  7. I totally agree.......also dangerous not knowing your species...seen a few lately ..including snakes.

8. ArachnoDrew

ArachnoDrew Arachnoprince Active Member

100% leirurs Sp. "Deathstalker" family

9. Mordax8393

Mordax8393 Arachnoknight

USA
    Leiurus. Be careful with it

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Falsielove13

What Leiurus spp are we thinking? I've seen it for sale for months as well. Most of the pics of his LQ had mycosis and he throws whatever price he feels out man. Doesn't take the time with the snakes, let alone scorps he doesn't specialize in . I didn't think it was Hottentotta either due to claw length but wasn't sure . Also don't know of anything black tipped as well.

11. Dry Desert

Dry Desert Arachnobaron Active Member

UK
    Hottentotta saulcyi from Iran, Iraq and Syria - no Leiurus has black telson, only blackish fith tail segment.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Falsielove13

Just checked it out. Definitely looks like you nailed it. Are these hard to come by? Looks like an adult but I'm not a fan of the seller .

13. Dry Desert

Dry Desert Arachnobaron Active Member

UK
    I can't speak about availability or the seller as I'm in the UK - sorry. However I have seen several other posts from members that don't seem to keen on him

14. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoemperor Active Member

That's a new one to me. Very nice looking species.

15. G. Carnell

G. Carnell Arachnoemperor Old Timer

EU
    really doesn't look like a Hottentotta

Example H.minusalta here (very similar to H.saulyci)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Outpost31Survivor

Outpost31Survivor Arachnobaron Active Member

I don't mean to necro rez this thread but I am 99% sure that is a Leiurus, it appears to have the five keels on mesasomal segments 1-2 and the depth measurement of the manus pretty much runs linear with the depth measurement of the closed tibia and tarsus typical of L.qs and L.js. But there are newly described members of Leiurus family that may not follow that rule per se. Same may go with the black telson.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.