Hottentotta jayakari

Nick Cutler

Arachnopeon
I keep mine the same as the franzwerneri. 75 would be too cold. It will grow very slowly and eat less with these temps. They like warm temps in the mid to upper 80s. The venom is probably similar potency to franzwerneri; a sting will ruin your day but probably won’t kill you. I do believe they will burrow given the chance, so if you wanted to you could offer them the ability. I keep mine on sand and they have a cork piece, which they will often dig a cavety under You can add excavator clay if you want to let them burrow. For an adult, you can probably keep it in a small-medium sized tub.

As for whether I think this is a good scorpion for you, I don’t really have a comment. None of the species you keep have remotely similar venom potency, however getting stung is pretty easy to avoid.
How would you go about raising a scorpling /baby h. Jayakari?

Nick Cutler

Arachnopeon
Jayakari are heat loving scorpions. They do not burrow and spend little time hiding deep. they're surface dwellers and require a lot of heat to grow normally and have successsuc broods

They're daily temps in the wild reach upwards of 110°+. In captivity I keep mine mid to low 90s and with gravid females I keep them around 100° to properly incubate and gestate
What would be the best option in heating a scorpling probably about 1st or 2nd instar?