Hottentotta Jayakari fasting?

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Purchased him on April 6th of this year. Was said to have 1 more molt until adulthood. Person it was purchased from said he fed it shortly before selling to me. Since purchased he has not ate in my care. Contacted the person. Recently to see if maybe he know if it was in pre molt. Claimed it shouldn't be and it was a really good eater and thought it was odd for not to be eating but also mentioned males will be fussier eaters at times

Maybe coincidently it wound up in pre molt right after last meal? He is very skittish. Tail flicks every feeder that's comes near him or her pinches and drops... So there are signs of pre molt but he is rather thin

Temps stay between 85° - 95° kept on sand and Cocofiber. With decor

Attachments

RTTB

Arachnoprince
When he's good and ready he will gobble down a cricket or 2.

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
I wouldn't worry too much 1 of my old Lq's use to go for weeks without eating and then all of a sudden would eat whatever you put in front of him until he blew up like a tick. He looks good from the pics, so I'd just keep offering every few days till he does.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've had certain specimen fast on me, typically they died a few weeks after...

He looks wellfed, but not premolt. I'd remove the feeder and wait. Stress is bad.

JoshBC

Arachnosquire
Is your setup exactly as shown? Did you remove his hide? I see big round rocks but nothing big and flat for him to make a scrape under. I try and give my scorps both. My Hottentotta Judaicus has a piece of cork bark round he spends most of his time in, upside-down lol. Both those pics are old, things have been changed since but you get the idea.

Attachments

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Yea he definately has a hide. I usually remove for feeding. He spends 90% of his time in hos hide

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
This little son of a b#@ch still hasn't eaten ??? Did you try offering a different variety of feeders yet ?

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
So far only red runners and I tried 1 super worm and still nada..... I'm not sure a cricket would give me much more luck...but I can try. Still just tail flicks. And pinches and drops

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was feeding him on crickets, so give it a shot. I fed him a decent-sized cricket once every two weeks. That's really odd that he still hasn't eaten in your care.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
See if the little guy will eat something prekilled or pieces of a feeder

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
@Quixtar Ahh your on here lol nice.... im Going to try again. Last attempt was about 3 days ago. I'll leave something pre killed this time if I get no live reaction and see what helps. I even tried a re house on different substrate. More heat

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Tried again yesterday with a Dubai for the first time.... still no luck. Just stares at it, if it touches him he runs lol 20170522_093223.png

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
It's been what about 2 months since you got him ? He still looks good though not emeciated or anything of the sort. Have you noticed if it's been drinking at all?

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I haven't seen him drink personally. He has a decent sized water cap I fill up every couple days. Stays in his Hide all day and night

Stugy

Arachnolord
Lol my Parabuthus schlecteri hadn't eaten ever since I got him/her in September or October. Not once. Maybe a very minor meal that I wouldn't remember but still.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Welp.... I'm assuming i had some luck.. removed his Hide over nignt. Left a roach in. Left him under some heat and woke up this morning to a missing roach.. but no remains so I'll check for Dookie in a day or so hopefully some proof