Hottentotta hottentotta reproduction and mesobuthus martensii reproduction

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know that Hottentotta hottentotta reproduce through parthenogenesis. I have had two of them living communally over a year now and no babies. How long do they take to get mature (each one is about 3-4 cm long including the tail)? If they reproduce through parthenogenesis does that mean there are no males/females? Their enclosure has about 2-3 inches of damp/not wet coco fiber and stacked bark, which they have made a scrape under. They usually share the same scrape. The temperature of the room is a constant 25 degrees celsius and the humidity in the room is usually around 70-80%. They get fed baby dubias and small crickets every few weeks. Is there anything that I can do to encourage reproduction?

Also I have around 10 mesobuthus martensii in similar conditions (they range in sizes with the smallest being about 3-4 cm including the tail and the largest being about 7-8 cm including the tail) and they also have yet to reproduce, anything I can do to encourage them?

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
There is both males and females in the species. Only the females can produce offspring, they can mate but if no male is present they can self clone. It's possible you have 2 males or the female/s will not produce a brood untill they have ideal conditions (alone).

RyoKenzaki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sound like the hot hot is not matured yet, judging from the size. What instar are they? My hot hot matured at 7i and measured around 5cm from head till end of metasoma and took 15months from birth till adult and pop. Imo the humidity are a lil too high in your case, i keep mine fairly dry and only mist a corner of the enclosure once a week with humidity around 60percent. Im not expert but this is from my experience, lets see what ryan say bout this, he is good with this sp