Hottentotta Hottentotta/Caboverdensis care

Abu Bakr

Arachnopeon
I'll be getting a H. Caboverdensis in a day or two so I would like to know if the following care instructions are correct or not. Please feel free to add anything more to it.

Enclosure: 20 cm x 20 cm (base)
Substrate: Sand+Coco-fiber mix, 5-6 cm deep
Temperature: 25C to 35C
Humidity: 55% to 65%

Some cork bark or rock hides and gotta keep one side of the enclosure constantly moist.

So is this correct?

Last edited:

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
That looks about correct, Hottentotta hottentotta inhabits savannas or tropical grasslands on mainland Africa with high evaporation, so I am not sure a whole side of the enclosure needs to be constantly moist. But this comes from Cape Verde islands which features milder climate than mainland Africa. Everything looks fine I am not sure about the moisture level of the substrate though.

Abu Bakr

Arachnopeon
I just checked the temperature and humidity monthly readings in Cabo Verde. This is what I came up with.

For Temperatures

For Humidity:

So I guess for temperature, 25C i.e room temperature should be fine and humidity 70% to 80%.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I would keep them on the warm side between 30-32C / 85-90F. Keep a corner moist or try a light weekly mist.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hottentotta caboverdensis has been synonymized with H. hottentotta, so they're the same species, both under the name H. hottentotta since that was the name that it was described under first.

GypsyCat

Arachnopeon
Hello! I recently received a pair of Hottentotta hottentotta, could I ask for some advice since you've owned this species for a while? Can I feed them a diet of mealworms? How often do I feed them? I don't think they are full adults yet. Also do you have any other care tips for them? Thank you so much:)

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I'll be getting a H. Caboverdensis in a day or two so I would like to know if the following care instructions are correct or not. Please feel free to add anything more to it.

Enclosure: 20 cm x 20 cm (base)
Substrate: Sand+Coco-fiber mix, 5-6 cm deep
Temperature: 25C to 35C
Humidity: 55% to 65%

Some cork bark or rock hides and gotta keep one side of the enclosure constantly moist.

So is this correct?
Surely your local authority would have asked you about it's care when you applied for your DWA license ?